Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.audio.misc
James James is offline

Default Cannot program Onkyo Receiver with Direct TV remote -- Help !

I have a Direct TV system, and an Onkyo Receiver. I run the audio through
my stereo system.

I am trying to program my Direct TV remote, so that I can adjust the tv
volume, by adjusting the volume on the Onkyo receiver.

I go through all the steps..... selecting AV1 and using the AV1 Mode while
programming. I enter the code for my Onkyo receiver, and then I press the
Power button to see if the receiver reacts. The receiver DOES react by
shutting off. At this point, my understanding is that I have programmed my
Direct TV remote to also control my Onkyo Receiver.

Unfortunately, even after the Onkyo stereo shuts off, my Direct Tv remote
still does not control the Onkyo unit.

Can anyone help me with this please ??

I thank anyone that can help me on this.

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.audio.misc
James James is offline

Thanks, EXT !!

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.audio.misc
Sofa Slug[_2_] Sofa Slug[_2_] is offline

Tony Hwang wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Just forget it and buy a remote like Harmony. And leave remote hassles
behind for good no matter what you have. I control every thing on my HT
as well as lighting in the family room with one remote. Or you can go to
remote NG and ask there. There are pros hanging out.

See if there are any other codes listed for Onkyo, and try those as well.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.audio.misc
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:47:03 -0800, Sofa Slug

Hi,
Just forget it and buy a remote like Harmony. And leave remote hassles
behind for good no matter what you have. I control every thing on my HT
as well as lighting in the family room with one remote. Or you can go to
remote NG and ask there. There are pros hanging out.

See if there are any other codes listed for Onkyo, and try those as well.

I do find it 'funny' that this is posted in alt.building.construction,
a group of nail pounders and cement pourers! bg

The best bet for remotes is to go to a higher end audio store, and ask
them. Be aware that such products are expensive, but will be good and
once programmed easy to use.