Posted to rec.audio.high-end
anthony anthony is offline

Default Quad remote control compatability?

My R1-model remote for my Quad 66 pre-amp seems to be dying after more
than 20 years of service.
Finding a new one for this great one is problematic -- does anyone
know whether more recent Quad system remotes are compatible with the
66 unit?
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Sep 5, 12:49=A0pm, anthony wrote:
My R1-model remote for my Quad 66 pre-amp seems to be dying after more
than 20 years of service.
Finding a new one for this great one is problematic -- does anyone
know whether more recent Quad system remotes are compatible with the
66 unit?

This may be a shot in the dark for you, but I found that the Radio
Shack Universal Remote works with about everything, including Revox.
It was not listed on the included instruction sheet, but a 5-minute
(really) call to their Customer Service number for the remote - done
*in* the store - established the compatibility.

You might try that.

Interestingly enough, the R/S control is smaller and more intuitive
than the Revox control and has additional functions not on the Revox
control which almost unbelievably, work!

It was $29.99 at the time. The price may have come down some.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] wrct@club.cc.cmu.edu is offline

A google using:

quad replacement remote audio

finds the first or so few hits addressing this exact question.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
anthony anthony is offline

Peter Wieck wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that ... I'll check it out. My google searches for
replacements have been unproductive and Quad itself is simply not
answering ....