Gary

Default testing an amp ?

I just put a sub and amp in my car and other than the power light on
the amp going on and off with the stereo it doesn't do anything.

I am thinking that if I plug a CD discman into the RCA ports on the
amp (while the stereo is turned on so the amp has power) and the sub
starts starts doing *something*, then I will at least know the problem
is not with the sub or amp.

Does that sound reasonable to those who know about these things ?

Thanks

Roxtar

Gary wrote in message . ..
I just put a sub and amp in my car and other than the power light on
the amp going on and off with the stereo it doesn't do anything.

I am thinking that if I plug a CD discman into the RCA ports on the
amp (while the stereo is turned on so the amp has power) and the sub
starts starts doing *something*, then I will at least know the problem
is not with the sub or amp.

Does that sound reasonable to those who know about these things ?

Sure, you would definately hear something if your amp and sub both
work. I dont know what kinda voltage a discman puts out, so I'd set
the gains on my amp all the way down, as well as the volume on the
discman.. Then start turning them up slowly until you hear (or dont
hear) sound.