Romeo Rondeau

Default OT (political...sorry): Ron Reagan in Spetember's Esquire

I'm afraid that might be preacing to the choir. I think the
readership of Esquire is likely more progressive than folks
currently commited to bush. Reading Esquire requires a
certain level of reading comprehension and intellect that
the Bush side is not known for. What is it that they read,
anyway?

The Wall Street Journal.

George

What is it that they read,
anyway?

The Wall Street Journal.

ROTFLMFAO

try "Soldier of Fortune" and "Golfing"
George
U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:18:08 -0700, Bob Cain wrote:

Buster Mudd wrote:

The Case Against George W. Bush

By Ron Reagan

Esquire

September 2004 Issue

I'm afraid that might be preacing to the choir. I think the
readership of Esquire is likely more progressive than folks
currently commited to bush. Reading Esquire requires a
certain level of reading comprehension and intellect that
the Bush side is not known for. What is it that they read,
anyway?

I'm currently reading the following:

"Basic Modern Algebra" by Booth, the section on Galois groups
An old (but highly regarded) book on Topology, the title and author
escape me.
"Understanding Digital Signal Processing" by Rick Lyons, the only one
that's really "Work"

Earlier this year, I re-read "The Gulag Archipelego" by Solzinetsyn for
recreation, though I don't get much time to read things that are that
lengthy for fun lately.

I'm also fond of the poetry of the late Anne Sexton, Maya Angelou--just
her writing, I'm not crazy about how she reads her own work--, and ee
cummings, along with bawdy limericks and a TON of ancient songs. One
13th Century Latin favorite:

"A maiden wanted to learn the game of love
So I taught her a few tricks
Said she, 't'was painful at first,
' but the end seemed pleasant to me
Said I, 'You Tempt me'
Said she, 'Begin again' "

Or perhaps your tastes run more toward's Ms. Angelou's work:

So, I'll believe in Liberal's aid for us
When I see a white man load a Black man's gun.

-- "On Working White Liberals" from "Just give me a cool drink of water
'fore I diiie"

George

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

"George" wrote in message
What is it that they read,
anyway?

The Wall Street Journal.

ROTFLMFAO

try "Soldier of Fortune" and "Golfing"
George

Those are pretty radical stereotypes there, George. I know plenty of
republicans, not one of them reads either of those two.

I don't see a domination of WSJ readers from either party, I would say
of registered DEMS Or Pubs it would be a even split
But i would venture SOF has a VERY high percentage of pubs to dems in
its reader base
George
Romeo Rondeau

I don't get how you can compare the two
Gay, Str8, Bi-sexual all points on the same line, just people trying to
get from womb to grave as happy as they can
bloodlust , empire building, warlord all things I associate with SOF is
definitly a twisted mindset, anti-human
just plain fuked up IMO

Some people are of the opinion that gays are just as ****ed up. I could care
less myself, as long as I don't have to see two guys getting it on, I'm cool
:-)

George

I am glad to hear you are no so uneducated as to hold a bias against gay
people, though last I read(sorry I don't rememer, proly newsweek or
time) 70% of republicans felt gay was a abhorent life style

\In fact some Republicans are so threatened by Gays they want to rewrite
the constitution to Gay people from marrying
This is front and center one of the reasons GW MUST GO
his fundamentlist christian view of love and marriage can not find room
for Gay people to join together in the most meaningful of ways
George
Blind Joni

Gay, Str8, Bi-sexual all points on the same line, just people trying to
get from womb to grave as happy as they can
bloodlust , empire building, warlord all things I associate with SOF is
definitly a twisted mindset, anti-human
just plain fuked up IMO

At least George finally added the tag line..IMO!!
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

playonATcomcast.net wrote in message...

Rush Limbaugh

By the way, why isn't he in jail yet?

Romeo Rondeau

\In fact some Republicans are so threatened by Gays they want to rewrite
the constitution to Gay people from marrying
This is front and center one of the reasons GW MUST GO
his fundamentlist christian view of love and marriage can not find room
for Gay people to join together in the most meaningful of ways
George

Don't look now, George, but it's not just the republicans who feel so.

George

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

\In fact some Republicans are so threatened by Gays they want to rewrite
the constitution to Gay people from marrying
This is front and center one of the reasons GW MUST GO
his fundamentlist christian view of love and marriage can not find room
for Gay people to join together in the most meaningful of ways
George

Don't look now, George, but it's not just the republicans who feel so.

as far as I have heard it IS the republicans who are pushing the
constitutional amandment thing
many dems are against gay marriage as well, just not to the point of
forever altering our basic rights to prevent it

georgeh

George writes:
\In fact some Republicans are so threatened by Gays they want to rewrite
the constitution to Gay people from marrying
This is front and center one of the reasons GW MUST GO
his fundamentlist christian view of love and marriage can not find room
for Gay people to join together in the most meaningful of ways

Read the fine print. Most of the proposed state and fed constitutional updates
contain language that would deny benefits and rights to ALL unmarried couples --
even heteros. Many people clamoring for these amendments would be the ones most
hurt by them.
U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:20:13 GMT, David Morgan (MAMS)
wrote:

playonATcomcast.net wrote in message...

Rush Limbaugh

By the way, why isn't he in jail yet?

Because even though they've tried and tried, and even though you can get
a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich, they've not been able to charge
him with anything, nor even find "Probable Cause" to arrest him.

Daring to stray ON topic, does anyone know offhand which company
actually gave him the "Golden EIB Microphone?" My memory says EV, but
I'm thinking that CAN'T be right, or at least it shouldn't be what he
actually use. . .

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:02:40 -0400, Ben Bradley
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:02:30 GMT, "U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" "Charles
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:18:08 -0700, Bob Cain wrote:

... What is it that they read,
anyway?

I'm currently reading the following:

"Basic Modern Algebra" by Booth, the section on Galois groups
An old (but highly regarded) book on Topology, the title and author
escape me.
"Understanding Digital Signal Processing" by Rick Lyons, the only one
that's really "Work"

You know Rick hangs out on comp.dsp, don't you?
Geez, this is getting rather close to being on-topic. I suppose we
could approach getting on-topic from another direction if I mentioned
"Kill It & Grill It" ... ISTR "Workin' Hard, Playin' Hard" on the LP
has quite a bit of dynamics, a concept so obscene it wouldn't get
through the Label Censors thesedays. Oops, we're back to politics...

Yes. I got his book based on the solid information he posts on
comp.dsp. We also have our own version of "Cool Old Guy" in Jerry
Avins, who's forgotten more electrical engineering things than I will
ever hope to know.

Scott Dorsey

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles wrote:

Daring to stray ON topic, does anyone know offhand which company
actually gave him the "Golden EIB Microphone?" My memory says EV, but
I'm thinking that CAN'T be right, or at least it shouldn't be what he
actually use. . .

For a long time he was in all of the EV advertisements in the broadcast
magazines, talking about how much he loved the RE-20. So I would not be
surprised if he gets some fine EV schwag. And I wouldn't be surprised if
he did use the RE-20 either, since it's a hell of a great announcer mike.
Blind Joni

How could anybody that wasn't brain dead possibly look at that and still
think that this buffoon should be President?

I think because they don't want the other guy..deep question.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

Rock said he thought gay people should have the same right to be
miserable that heteros do, LOL.

That's actually a pretty good point, I'm sure that statistically 60% of them
are going to divorce, anyway!

Thisnis because in large part because of the way we all approach
relationships...hoping, waiting, expecting....
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Don Cooper

Blind Joni wrote:

How could anybody that wasn't brain dead possibly look at that and still
think that this buffoon should be President?

I think because they don't want the other guy..deep question.

Someone feels that way?
Romeo Rondeau

as far as I have heard it IS the republicans who are pushing the
constitutional amandment thing
many dems are against gay marriage as well, just not to the point of
forever altering our basic rights to prevent it

I guess it come down to whether or not a constitutional amendment is in
order or not. The actual fact of gay marriage is kind of a done deal.

George

--
even heteros. Many people clamoring for these amendments would be the ones
most
hurt by them.

I was not aware of this
often one can not fully explore all that is written on everything they
find intresting
thanks for filling in some gaps
George
Analogeezer

George wrote in message ...
In article ,
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

\In fact some Republicans are so threatened by Gays they want to rewrite
the constitution to Gay people from marrying
This is front and center one of the reasons GW MUST GO
his fundamentlist christian view of love and marriage can not find room
for Gay people to join together in the most meaningful of ways
George

Don't look now, George, but it's not just the republicans who feel so.

as far as I have heard it IS the republicans who are pushing the
constitutional amandment thing
many dems are against gay marriage as well, just not to the point of
forever altering our basic rights to prevent it

Actually a friend of mine pointed out the real lobby behind "anti-gay"
marriage...insurance companies.

Imagine all those gay couples that suddenly go from having to pay for
two policies to doubling up on one policy.

Analogeezer

Blind Joni

Actually a friend of mine pointed out the real lobby behind "anti-gay"
marriage...insurance companies.

Imagine all those gay couples that suddenly go from having to pay for
two policies to doubling up on one policy.

This is a problem in many areas of life in the US.
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

I'm not sure they should allow straight marriage. Folks like Britney Spears
and Elizabeth Taylor are clear examples of why straight people should not
be allowed to get involved in marriage.

They are not good at it for sure..in that case half the people I know wouldn't
be playing on stage either.

Just look at the statistics:
every single instance of child abuse in this area is the result of a child
growing up with a straight couple.

If we are speaking statistically this makes sense as a vast majority of
children grow up in a straight household. Since gays can only adopt it would be
more meaningful to compare it to other adopted family situations. Personally,
I've seen a number of gays involved in physically abusive relationships with
other gays..both male and female.....don't have any stats though.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Romeo Rondeau

If we are speaking statistically this makes sense as a vast majority of
children grow up in a straight household. Since gays can only adopt it

would be
more meaningful to compare it to other adopted family situations.

Personally,
I've seen a number of gays involved in physically abusive relationships

with
other gays..both male and female.....don't have any stats though.

I'll have to second that, I don't think abusive people have a sexual
preference per se. Now, there is the matter of extra stress layed on by
society and such, which may or may not matter, and the fact that both
partners may struggle for control (which is usually handled differently in
straight households, most of the time being non-violent), but I've got a
hunch it doesn't impact it too much. Sexual abuse is way more common in gay
households, but probably due to the cycle of abuse more than anything. And
they usually don't have children to molest, they molest other family and
friends children, so getting real stats is kind of inside out, you must
infer from other stats.

EganMedia

Sexual abuse is way more common in gay
households, but probably due to the cycle of abuse more than anything. And
they usually don't have children to molest, they molest other family and
friends children, so getting real stats is kind of inside out, you must
infer from other stats.

Romeo!
Romeo!
What the ****, Romeo?!

What kind of slanted guesswork is this? It's precisely these kinds of
uneducated redneck assumptions that, after having been asserted long enough by
enough loudmouths, have convinced so many American Dullards that "God hates
fags", "Saddam was behind 9/11", and "George W. Bush holds some kind of moral
high ground".

Maybe you were brought up as a foster child in a series of gay households in
which you were abused. In that case, you may be speaking in the same manner as
the blind man who after feeling the round, coarse leg of an elephant states
that, "An elephant is like a tree": ignorant, but understandable. If you're
speaking merely as a mouthpeice for the homophobic right wing, you're no less
ignorant, but all the more annoying.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

Pete Dimsman

EganMedia wrote:
Sexual abuse is way more common in gay
households, but probably due to the cycle of abuse more than anything. And
they usually don't have children to molest, they molest other family and
friends children, so getting real stats is kind of inside out, you must
infer from other stats.

Romeo!
Romeo!
What the ****, Romeo?!

I'll second that. Truly disturbing conclusion. I don't think he was
abused as a child. Perhaps dropped on his head.

Pete Dimsman

George wrote:
In article ,
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

[...]

you are clueless

Maybe if he had said churches g

Anyway, just a hunch, but I would guess sexual abuse would be LESS
common in gay households.

Bryson

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...
"George" wrote in message
What is it that they read,
anyway?

The Wall Street Journal.

ROTFLMFAO

try "Soldier of Fortune" and "Golfing"
George

Those are pretty radical stereotypes there, George. I know plenty of
republicans, not one of them reads either of those two.

I'm sure he meant the ones that read.
Bryson

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...
I don't get how you can compare the two
Gay, Str8, Bi-sexual all points on the same line, just people trying to
get from womb to grave as happy as they can
bloodlust , empire building, warlord all things I associate with SOF is
definitly a twisted mindset, anti-human
just plain fuked up IMO

Some people are of the opinion that gays are just as ****ed up. I could care
less myself, as long as I don't have to see two guys getting it on, I'm cool
:-)

You, "could care less"?
I don't get it.
Bob Chandler

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...
I don't get how you can compare the two
Gay, Str8, Bi-sexual all points on the same line, just people trying to
get from womb to grave as happy as they can
bloodlust , empire building, warlord all things I associate with SOF is
definitly a twisted mindset, anti-human
just plain fuked up IMO

Some people are of the opinion that gays are just as ****ed up. I could care
less myself, as long as I don't have to see two guys getting it on, I'm cool
:-)

How about 2 women??

bob

Bob Chandler

[...]

That is total BULL****!. I know a lot of gay couples (well, I do live
in San Francisco) and they almost always have a more egalitarian
relationship than straight couples.

bob

Bob Cain

Bob Chandler wrote:

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...

I don't get how you can compare the two
Gay, Str8, Bi-sexual all points on the same line, just people trying to
get from womb to grave as happy as they can
bloodlust , empire building, warlord all things I associate with SOF is
definitly a twisted mindset, anti-human
just plain fuked up IMO

Some people are of the opinion that gays are just as ****ed up. I could care
less myself, as long as I don't have to see two guys getting it on, I'm cool
:-)

How about 2 women??

That's entirely different. ;-)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

hank alrich

Blind Joni wrote:

Since gays can only adopt

You haven't been paying attention to the various ways homosexuals
conceive children. Admittedly, homosexual males do not get pregnant, but
that doesn't keep them from supplying sperm.

Sexual abuse is way more common in gay households

Citation? Something more credible than your scaredy cat xenophobia?

--
ha