Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Pure Music to DAC - again

I run Pure Music on my Mac. Presently, I use Airfoil to send the signal
over ethernet to my AppleTV. The AppleTV has an optical output to my
DAC. Pure Music and my DAC both support 96/24, but the Apple TV only
does 44.1/16 (or, maybe, 48/16 - hard to find specs).

I have been trying to find a substitute for the AppleTV, but so far all
I have got is the Squeezebox Touch. I say "but" because it has its own
software that resides on the Mac and I have not been able to find out if
it can receive input from Pure Music or not. Does anybody know?

The web site suggests the Squeezebox can read any file on the computer,
which is great, except Pure Music already does that and allows many
useful manipulations. For example, it will accept up to 384/32 and
downsample it to 96/24. It will also upsample 44.1/16 to 96/24. Or any
other standard sample rate and 16, 24 or 32 bit words.

As far as I have been able to determine, the Squeezebox only passes
through what it receives, and that is great IF it can receive the output
from Pure Music. So, does anybody actually know if it can do that?

A related issue, but not critical, is that the software I am actually
running is Pure Vinyl. It is primarily designed for digitizing vinyl
recordings but it included Pure Music which I have grown to like a lot.
At present, I feed it directly from my pre-amp to the mic input on the
MAC, which works OK, but a two-way solution would be even better than
just using the player. Pure Vinyl can handle up to 384/32 if there is a
way to feed that to the Mac.

FA: K & K Pure XLR PreAmp (NIB) fcr Marketplace 0 April 4th 07 05:27 PM
Pure Data [email protected] Pro Audio 0 September 5th 06 09:03 PM
Pure Data [email protected] Tech 0 September 5th 06 09:03 PM
RAO witnesses pure evil Fella Audio Opinions 10 April 9th 06 02:29 AM
FS: Avalon AD2055 Pure Class A Parametric Music EQ-Like New Condition!! OZ Pro Audio 0 December 8th 04 06:07 PM