Howard Ferstler

Default Subwoofers

Hello, subwoofer fans,

I need some input, and would appreciate it if all the
replies here refer to subwoofer performance only.

Recently, as part of a product review series, I did some
level-matched AB comparisons between an SVS "Ultra"
subwoofer (the 20-39 version) and a Hsu TN1220 with the
upgraded driver and outboard 250 watt amp. I also compared
both to an SVS 16-46 subwoofer that I modified a while back.
(I had reported on the modification in a recent issue of The
Sensible Sound.)

I also had previously compared a Hsu VTF-3 to the TN1220 and
to an SVS 16-46PC, as well as to a Velodyne HGS-15, and also
to my Velodyne F1800RII. Prior to that, I did some comparing
between the F1800RII and a Paradigm Servo 15 (the
second-generation version). In addition, a while back I
compared a Triad Silver subwoofer (actually, both a single
unit and a pair of them) to a Velodyne FSR-12, and had,
before that, compared the TN1220 to a pair of Waveform MC
subs. Recently, I compared the Hsu VTF-2 and STF-1 to an
Axiom EP-175 sub. Prior to that, I had compared the Hsu to
an RBH 12SE unit. I also compared the Velodyne FSR-12 and
Hsu VTF-3 to both a single and doubled-up pair of NHT W1
subs, powered by the company's A1 amps and amps.

I have my own opinions regarding these assorted subwoofer
systems and have published or will be publishing reports
about them. However, I would be interested in any opinions
others might have regarding any comparisons they might have
done with these units.

Howard Ferstler
Bad Penny

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
[...]

Good luck trying to find someone as demented as you are.

Bruce J. Richman

Art wrote:

[...]

Involuntary committments sometimes don't last long enough in Florida.

Bruce J. Richman

Robert Morein

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
Hello, subwoofer fans,

I need some input, and would appreciate it if all the
replies here refer to subwoofer performance only.

They're alright.

FS/FT: Misc Car audio, mostly subwoofers Jeff C Car Audio 0 July 8th 04 06:25 AM
Old Hollywood subwoofers and in house enclosure John Car Audio 3 June 29th 04 01:14 AM
Subwoofers, the specs don't matter! Erik Squires Audio Opinions 6 June 14th 04 01:30 PM
One amp for two subwoofers? nist7 Car Audio 4 December 26th 03 10:25 AM
audiobahn subwoofers Dave Car Audio 3 September 13th 03 12:56 AM