Posted to alt.satellite.gps,rec.audio.car,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default GPS System recommendation

I have a motor home that I would like to replace the stereo in. It is a
single DIN slot. I am looking to put in something that has the capability to
have GPS, as many as possible POIs, AM/FM CD player. Able to have backup
camera input. These are all things I require. I would like to have multi
zone, touch screen, support for a changer (to be added later), DVD, SD,

I have looked at the Pioneer AVIC-Nx, but what I don't like about this unit
(at least the way I understand it) is that if you want to play a CD and you
are using the GPS, you need to SAVE the trip, then eject the map DVD, then
put in your disk. I think this to be clumbersome.

My next system that I thought met all of my criteria is made by a company I
am not familiar with. It is Valor. It is the valor NVG-720WT. This unit
looked very enticing! It had all of the features I wanted, plus, the POI was
on a removable media, and could be edited on your computer! Looked
interesting! Until I say another unit made by Valor. What poor quality it
was...

JVC has a unit that looks promising, but I am not sure about the small
screen. It is only about 1.5 x 1.5 screen

I am not opposed to a "head unit" and then the other features added.

I am in the US (california)

Thanks
Bruce

Posted to alt.satellite.gps,rec.audio.car,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Captain Howdy[_3_] Captain Howdy[_3_] is offline

Most of the "all in one" gps/head units have really poor maps that are over
priced at that and rarely updated. If I was you I would go with a stand alone
gps unit ( garmin has a few nice ones) and a head unit without gps that meets
your needs.

In article , "Bruce"
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
madhandles111 madhandles111 is offline

wrote:
[...]

X 2
thmbup
Look at the Garmin SPC340. You can probably find it for about $350
(They're $349 at Circuit City this week.)

--
madhandles111