JM

Default Alesis HD24

Using a HD24 multitrack to record for a video DVD. I need to sync the unit
to video reference at 25 frmaes per second and EBU timecode at 25 frames.
I have a number of options to buy units such as MOTU Timepiece AV, or the
Alesis BRC.
Has anyone in the UK or elsewhee tried to sync the Alesis using PAL 25
frames per second rather than the American 30 frames per second

SSJVCmag

On 10/3/05 10:47 AM, in article
, "JM"
wrote:

Using a HD24 multitrack to record for a video DVD. I need to sync the unit
to video reference at 25 frmaes per second and EBU timecode at 25 frames.
I have a number of options to buy units such as MOTU Timepiece AV, or the
Alesis BRC.
Has anyone in the UK or elsewhee tried to sync the Alesis using PAL 25
frames per second rather than the American 30 frames per second

Rec.audio.movies.production.sound

Jim Gilliland

JM wrote:
Using a HD24 multitrack to record for a video DVD. I need to sync the unit
to video reference at 25 frmaes per second and EBU timecode at 25 frames.
I have a number of options to buy units such as MOTU Timepiece AV, or the
Alesis BRC.
Has anyone in the UK or elsewhee tried to sync the Alesis using PAL 25
frames per second rather than the American 30 frames per second

You might want to ask this question in the Yahoo Groups HD24 mailing list:

James Perrett

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:47:00 +0000 (UTC), JM wrote:

Using a HD24 multitrack to record for a video DVD. I need to sync the
unit
to video reference at 25 frmaes per second and EBU timecode at 25 frames.
I have a number of options to buy units such as MOTU Timepiece AV, or the
Alesis BRC.
Has anyone in the UK or elsewhee tried to sync the Alesis using PAL 25
frames per second rather than the American 30 frames per second

You can almost certainly do this with a MOTU Digital Timepiece - I've used
it to slave ADAT's to incoming 25fps linear timecode (EBU) from a
multitrack recorded at a UK TV company. You might find a cheaper way to
do it but the DTP is a great 'sync everything to everything else' box.

Cheers.

James.
JM

If you have it slaved to EBU Timecode, does the timecode on the display
appear as 25fps.
Also, when taking the files into a PC using the fireport (or other method)
does the timecode come with it. Broadcast wav and Sound Designer II are
formats that carry timecode. Does the file from the HD24 appear as broadcast
wav or just standard WAV.
The final audio will be taken to either Cool Edit or Pro Tools for mixdown
and it is important that the timecode is retained.

"James Perrett" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:47:00 +0000 (UTC), JM wrote:

Using a HD24 multitrack to record for a video DVD. I need to sync the
unit
to video reference at 25 frmaes per second and EBU timecode at 25 frames.
I have a number of options to buy units such as MOTU Timepiece AV, or the
Alesis BRC.
Has anyone in the UK or elsewhee tried to sync the Alesis using PAL 25
frames per second rather than the American 30 frames per second

You can almost certainly do this with a MOTU Digital Timepiece - I've used
it to slave ADAT's to incoming 25fps linear timecode (EBU) from a
multitrack recorded at a UK TV company. You might find a cheaper way to
do it but the DTP is a great 'sync everything to everything else' box.

Cheers.

James.

James Perrett

I'm using the DTP with older ADAT LX20's. The DTP translates the EBU
timecode into whatever format the ADAT needs - I seem to remember that the
ADAT displays time in hundreths of a second.

I've no idea how the HD 24 timestamps data.

Cheers

James.