Posted to rec.audio.tech
Theo[_2_] Theo[_2_] is offline

Default New earpieces for old phones?

My old pair of ATH-7 electret headphones still delivers fine sound, but
the earpieces have crumbled. Audio-Technica is no help. Can anyone
suggest a place to buy new earpieces for any brand of phones, that I
could glue on?

TIA-

Theo
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

My old pair of ATH-7 electret headphones still delivers fine sound, but
the earpieces have crumbled. Audio-Technica is no help. Can anyone
suggest a place to buy new earpieces for any brand of phones, that I
could glue on?

Sennheiser is very good about keeping stock on earpads for their
phones. I've been able to keep my venerable HD-424 headphones (over
20 years old at this point) re-padded - I order a fresh set every 5
years or so. Possibly the earpads for one of their numerous lines of
headphones phones could be adapted to your ATH-7s

Web site: http://www.sennheiserusa.com - choose the "Shop" menu,
"Parts", select one of the "HD" headphone models and then "Cushions".

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Theo[_2_] Theo[_2_] is offline

Dave Platt wrote:
... Possibly the earpads for one of their numerous lines of
headphones phones could be adapted to your ATH-7s

Web site: http://www.sennheiserusa.com - choose the "Shop" menu,
"Parts", select one of the "HD" headphone models and then "Cushions".

This is great, Dave - exactly the kind of help I was seeking. Especially
appreciate the precise Web reference.

I think I'll bring the AT foam measurement to a hifi store, and find the
closest Sennheiser. And if I ever buy another pair of phones, guess I
know what brand gives great support!

Thanks very much-

Theo
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Sofa Slug Sofa Slug is offline

Theo wrote:
My old pair of ATH-7 electret headphones still delivers fine sound, but
the earpieces have crumbled. Audio-Technica is no help. Can anyone
suggest a place to buy new earpieces for any brand of phones, that I
could glue on?

TIA-

Theo

Radio Shack carries some:

http://snipurl.com/399mc
http://snipurl.com/399mo
http://snipurl.com/399mu
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Theo[_2_] Theo[_2_] is offline

Sofa Slug wrote:
Radio Shack carries some:

Thanks - looked there; they only seem to have the small ones. ATH-7s
require a much bigger pad.

Cheers-

Theo

in-ear phones henryp Audio Opinions 2 May 2nd 06 03:56 PM
GET FREE CELL PHONES and CAMERA PHONES! [email protected] Pro Audio 0 February 12th 06 03:21 AM
Best phones for mini's???? Dave Edwards High End Audio 5 June 14th 05 03:25 AM
Are the Shure E5 and E5c in ear phones the same??? [email protected] Pro Audio 2 May 17th 05 09:52 AM
Head phones Gasman1223 Audio Opinions 5 April 25th 05 09:32 PM