Tim Schwartz

Default Tandberg part needed

Hello all,

I've got a Tandberg TR-2075 in for repair that needs a new Volume
control pot. The pot is R715/R716 on the schematic, and is a 25k ohm
stereo pot with a loudness tap, It has a long (2.75 inch from where it
comes out of the housing) thin (1/8 inch) shaft and a cast metal body.
Made by Ruwido. I think the TR-2075 Mk. II and the TR-2080 use the same
control. I do not have the Tandberg part number for it. Does anyone
have a 'basket case' unit around that they would be willing to sell the
pot from? (Or, more optimistically, a new one on the shelf?)

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

P.S. I've taken the old one out, and looks like the carbon track is
worn out, so no amount of cleaning will fix it.
Stephen Sank

You could try Soundsmith, if you don't mind paying through the nose, but I would first try a
guy that I only know by his ebay handle, who seems to have a pretty large inventory. The guy
goes by "mort66", and almost always has some Tandberg or Revox items listed. You could use the
ebay messaging system to ask him if he's got what you need.

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
Hello all,

I've got a Tandberg TR-2075 in for repair that needs a new Volume
control pot. The pot is R715/R716 on the schematic, and is a 25k ohm
stereo pot with a loudness tap, It has a long (2.75 inch from where it
comes out of the housing) thin (1/8 inch) shaft and a cast metal body.
Made by Ruwido. I think the TR-2075 Mk. II and the TR-2080 use the same
control. I do not have the Tandberg part number for it. Does anyone
have a 'basket case' unit around that they would be willing to sell the
pot from? (Or, more optimistically, a new one on the shelf?)

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

P.S. I've taken the old one out, and looks like the carbon track is
worn out, so no amount of cleaning will fix it.

tomh

Tandberg used to be pretty good themselves on parts. Even helping with
identification if you didn't have a service manual. They were in Armonk NY.
That was a while ago and things do change.....

"Stephen Sank" wrote in message
[...]

Stephen Sank

I really miss the old Tandberg parts dept in Armonk. More than once, I called an order in at
4pm(eastern) & had the parts the next morning, without asking for rush service. Best parts
people I've ever dealt with, before or since.

--
"tomh" wrote in message ...
[...]

Kevin Carney

Tandberg made some really nice high tech stuff in the 70's. I liked Bang &
Olufson back then too, very futuristic for the day.

--
change .combo to .com for correct email

"We ought always to know precisely why a given job
is done in a particular way, and why it is done at
all, and why it can't be done more efficiently,
if it must be done at all."-- T.J.Watson