Mondoslug1

Default Can somebody splain me? Direct X & VST

What is the difference & does your/my PC know where to put them while
installing. They seem scattered in my windows when I'm pulling them up but they
work correctly................... I think.

My tunes at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

Dan DeTora

Mondoslug1 wrote:
What is the difference & does your/my PC know where to put them while
installing. They seem scattered in my windows when I'm pulling them up but they
work correctly................... I think.

My tunes at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

On a Windows machine, by default, most applications are installed in the
'Program Files' directory. Most installation setups allow you to choose
which directory you to install to.

--
Dan DeTora

"The problem with most technological advances is you can't smoke them."

New Blood Records, Inc.
Philadelphia, PA
www.newbloodrecords.com

Ricky W. Hunt

"Mondoslug1" wrote in message
What is the difference & does your/my PC know where to put them while
installing. They seem scattered in my windows when I'm pulling them up but

they
work correctly................... I think.

A question I can answer! After much trepidation I decided to upgrade my PC
based DAW (Sonar). It's DX only but of course will run VST's if wrapped. To
my surprise and delight when I put the stuff on the new computer, even
though I used completely different places (actually even completely
different drive letters/directories) to store the DX's and VST DLL's my old
projects opened perfectly and were never the wiser. Sonar was still in the
same directory as on the old machine but I don't know if even that would
have made a difference.