kyle lallave

Default wats wrong with stereo?

hey i have a 1995 honda civic and i just got a new battery and my system
wont work all it is is like thump sound then no sound for 2 secs then a
thump sound...i was wondering if the fuse on the amp (alpine) is ****ed up
and the cd player (alpine) is ****ed

John A. Weeks III

"kyle lallave" wrote:

hey i have a 1995 honda civic and i just got a new battery and my system
wont work all it is is like thump sound then no sound for 2 secs then a
thump sound...i was wondering if the fuse on the amp (alpine) is ****ed up
and the cd player (alpine) is ****ed

You likely got zapped. This can happen from jumping a car, putting
on a battery charger, running with a bad battery, or putting a new
battery in backwards.

The best bet is to disconnect the stereo before doing any of this
kind of stuff. That is a little late, now. It is possible that
if you totally disconnect the power to the stereo, and wait a
few hours, it will clear itself and come back on.

You need test equipment to track this down any further. You
have to determine if there is sound coming out of the Alpine.
If so, then the amp is bad. If not, then the Apline is bad.
It is remotely possible that both are bad.

One final thing to check, the "doh" option...do you happen to
have wires that ran directly to the battery for the amp, and
perhaps they did not get reconnected when the battery was
swapped out?

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Jerry G.

Since your system got ****ed too often, it must have also got blown!

Sounds like your system has been damaged from not having the battery
connected properly, or the system may have been left powered up while the
battery was being disconnected and put back. If the engine was running with
a weak battery, or the battery contacts were too loose, the electrical
system may have gone over voltage, thus damaging the radio.

The radio will have to be serviced. If the radio is blowing fuses, there are
failed components in it that have to be changed. Most of the time the output
IC's, and their driver devices also become damaged when this happens. The
radio will be costly to service. With Alpine, you will have to send it to
their authorized service people to have this done.

--

Jerry G.
======

"kyle lallave" wrote in message
m...
hey i have a 1995 honda civic and i just got a new battery and my system
wont work all it is is like thump sound then no sound for 2 secs then a
thump sound...i was wondering if the fuse on the amp (alpine) is ****ed up
and the cd player (alpine) is ****ed

Alan Smart C2 Stereo Compressor , Like SSL , Neve Alan Smart C2 Stereo Compressor , Like SSL , Neve FA : Alan Smart C2 Stereo Compressor stereobeatz Pro Audio 0 March 25th 04 10:20 PM
FS: Turntables, Stereo Amps/Receivers, Speakers, Piano Benches etc Jim Eukey Marketplace 0 March 15th 04 10:21 PM
What did I do wrong? Steve K Pro Audio 3 March 9th 04 12:47 PM
ADC/DAC conversion...barking in stereo up the wrong tree? Michael Walsh Tech 32 February 29th 04 03:35 PM
Unusual Case - Connecting pc to stereo help please! Stereo Guy Tech 3 September 1st 03 12:25 PM