Dick Monahan

Default Same headset on PC & phone?

I now use 2 headsets. One is plugged into the sound card on my pc. The
other is plugged into either my desk phone or my cell phone.

The PC has 3.5 mm jacks. The phones have 2.5 mm jacks. I guess these are
standards?

Are they, in fact, the same headsets? That is, with a little rewiring,
could I plug either headphone into either source? It would really be nice
not to have to swap headphones all day.

I have tried everything I can think of to search on the web for this answer,
and can't find it.

Dick.

Lucas Tam

"Dick Monahan" dick.dickmonahan@com wrote in
:

Are they, in fact, the same headsets? That is, with a little
rewiring, could I plug either headphone into either source? It would
really be nice not to have to swap headphones all day.

No, their different - PC headphones are stereo while 2.5mm headphnes
typically are mono.

So the jack output is different - you maybe able to find a 3.5mm to 2.5mm
converter at radioshack though.

--
Lucas Tam )
Dick Monahan

I'm sorry, I should have said that. I know the telephone is not stereo and
know that's one of the wiring connections I would have to make. But, are
they the same voltage, impedance, or whatever is required?

Dick.

"Lucas Tam" wrote in message
.. .
No, their different - PC headphones are stereo while 2.5mm headphnes
typically are mono.

So the jack output is different - you maybe able to find a 3.5mm to 2.5mm
converter at radioshack though.

Lucas Tam

"Dick Monahan" dick.dickmonahan@com wrote in
:

I'm sorry, I should have said that. I know the telephone is not
stereo and know that's one of the wiring connections I would have to
make. But, are they the same voltage, impedance, or whatever is
required?

I don't know about the impedence, but there are adapters:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113967

Probably easier to buy one than to wire your own contraption.

--
Lucas Tam )
jakdedert

Lucas Tam wrote:
"Dick Monahan" dick.dickmonahan@com wrote in
:

I'm sorry, I should have said that. I know the telephone is not
stereo and know that's one of the wiring connections I would have to
make. But, are they the same voltage, impedance, or whatever is
required?

I don't know about the impedence, but there are adapters:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113967

I have a Rat Shack one...new and in the box. Yours for a song. Write
me....

jak

Probably easier to buy one than to wire your own contraption.