Lauren

Default ipod battery

I have heard from several people that the ipod battery has a habit of
dying after about a year, after which you need to pay 99 dollars for a
replacement. Also, it is not covered in the warranty, so paying for
the extended warranty wouldn't help the problem either.
Anyone have this problem?

Lauren
Lucas Tam

(Lauren) wrote in
om:

I have heard from several people that the ipod battery has a habit of
dying after about a year, after which you need to pay 99 dollars for a
replacement. Also, it is not covered in the warranty, so paying for
the extended warranty wouldn't help the problem either.
Anyone have this problem?

http://www.ipodbatteryfaq.com/

A lot of people have iPods and their batteries are fine after a year. My
brother's iPod is a year old and it's still going strong.

I'm sure for most people, the battery will last for a couple of years (3 or
4?) before it needs to be replaced. By then, you might as well buy a new
player rather than replace it.

--
Lucas Tam )
Jerry G.

These batteries should last about 2 to 4 years, depending on the number
of charge cycles, and how deep the discharge is between the charge
cycles. It is impossible to speculate on the exact lifespan of a
battery.

After about 2 to 3 years of use, you will be ready for the next
generation of these. There will most likely be a lot of improvements,
and also the amount of music they can hold will be far superior.

I read an article about a year ago, that there will be a newer
generation of portable music units, that will also be playing video in
to special transparent attachments that go over the eyes. This way, you
could be walking or doing something else at the same time as watch the
movie. You will therefore, be able to watch movies and digital TV
service, while sipping coffee somewhere, or traveling on the buss.

When buying any type of gadget or computer device, be prepared to have a
maximum lifespan of about 3 years maximum.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Lauren" wrote in message
om...
I have heard from several people that the ipod battery has a habit of
dying after about a year, after which you need to pay 99 dollars for a
replacement. Also, it is not covered in the warranty, so paying for
the extended warranty wouldn't help the problem either.
Anyone have this problem?

Lauren

Codifus

Jerry G. wrote:

edited
When buying any type of gadget or computer device, be prepared to have a
maximum lifespan of about 3 years maximum.

Surely most computers or other devices will last longer than 3 years. I
think the timespan you're referring to measures how long before a device
becomes obsolete. Because something is obsolete does not also mean it is
no longer useful.

I'm replying to this thread on a PIII computer. Should I throw it out
the window now?

CD

jakdedert

"Codifus" wrote in message
Jerry G. wrote:

edited
When buying any type of gadget or computer device, be prepared to have a
maximum lifespan of about 3 years maximum.

Surely most computers or other devices will last longer than 3 years. I
think the timespan you're referring to measures how long before a device
becomes obsolete. Because something is obsolete does not also mean it is
no longer useful.

I'm replying to this thread on a PIII computer. Should I throw it out
the window now?

Everything you buy is either experimental, or obsolete.

jak

CD

Sam

Try this then:

http://www.iPod911.com

They do have replacement of ipod battery and it is FREE shipping. only
$29.00

Try this:
http://www.iPod911.com

They do have cheap and good battery plus it is FREE shipping.
I have bought from them for my 3rd G iPod,
works great!