nospam

Default TURNER!

You suck...you Aussie Faggot!
Robert Casey

nospam wrote:

You.......

What a lame troll!

Steve O'Neill

Hi:

Not sure what prompts Mr. nospam's outburst here on RAT's. Seems that
nospam (AKA radiodaze) spends more of his time over at
rec.antique.radio_phono. Must be "pile-on" mentality at work.

--
Steve

Jim Menning

"Steve O'Neill" wrote in message
Hi:

Seems that
nospam (AKA radiodaze) spends more of his time over at
rec.antique.radio_phono.

Really? Under what other names? As far as I can tell, he has only jumped
in there a few times, and then only recently. He has also been in other
groups spewing his bigoted trash.

So who is he? First name is Tracy, what is his problem?

jim menning

Steve O'Neill

Hi:

I recall seeing "radiodaze" more often at RARP say 6mos or a year ago.
Never recall seeing him at RAT till this msg. However, I'll be the first to
admit that I haven't seen everything.

--
Steve

Jim Menning

"Steve O'Neill" wrote in message
Hi:

I recall seeing "radiodaze" more often at RARP say 6mos or a year ago.
Never recall seeing him at RAT till this msg. However, I'll be the first

admit that I haven't seen everything.

--
Steve

You may be mixing him up with the business by that name, or the antique
radio show by that name.

jim menning

Bill Ramsay

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:52:27 -0500, wrote:

You suck...you Aussie Faggot!

Nice to see that a full even flowing conversation can arise on the
Usenet, a conversation where the rapier wit, the parrying of ideas,
the cut and thrust of argument, sometimes constructive, sometimes not
(got to get a tautology in here somehow!!!] helps to win and carry the
day. some people are obviously capable of these intellectual feats,
others less so.

so lets see what we can make of nospams contribution in the ongoing
debate, chat, discourse, parlay, etc. between the various elements
who seem to have it in for messers Nachbour and Turner.

[an aside, I am reading a book at the moment about a law professor who
is trying to work out who killed his father, and he comments,
rightly so on the use of this new verb, ongo, in our modern world,
common usage I think describes it]

I will state my case plainly here, I don't know either gentleman,
the only way I have of judging either is through their contribution
here on RAT, or through their websites].

lets break the sentence down into its component parts "you suck",
could this be a reference to some kind of oral sex?, now if I were a
woman I would like to suggest that this may not be too much a problem,
you will note that there in no modifier to this little bon mot.
therefore we do not know how well Mr. Turner sucks, so ladies, as
they say in Australia, " what's an Australian's idea of foreplay ?
'brace yourself Sheila!'". give Mr. turner a call.

The '.......' leads me to believe that Nospam is alluding to a pause
for thought here, or it could be that the hamster wheel is now only
coming up to full speed, to a further, and more intellectual thought
or idea may be coming. opinion is divided.

The last element of the quote is quite scintillating, it has a purity
of thought that transcends mere comment on the foibles of the human
soul, it encapsulates one mans limited horizons, and clearly marks
him or her, lets not be sexist now, as someone who is not from the
British commonwealth, or Europe, I am also suggesting the Asia,
Africa, the little bit at the bottom of south America, and the
various islands of the pacific would also be a stranger to Nospam.

you see, "you Aussie Faggot!" clearly marks Nospams antecedents,
Faggot in the UK is a kind of meat ball, so could Nospam be making
some kind of reference to a new kind of Australian meat dish? now
there are lots of Italians, people from the Balkans in Australia,
and therefore this is entirely possible, that said, Turner does not
sound too Italian or creation to me. so I am guessing that this is
not the case. an alternative meaning is a bundle of sticks or iron
bars, now why exactly Nospam wishes to call Mr. turner an pile of
Australian sticks is worthy of closer inspection. could it be that
Nospams alliteration is to Mr. turner as a builder?, a creator? a
diviner of things from nature to support and provide succor to mankind
?

So all I can Nospam, is that you have clearly not translated your
local patois to this part of the world.

I thought that I would provide this analysis for you all just to show
that you may have misconstrued Nospams meaning.

I hope that this has clarified the matter for you all.

kind regards

bill ramsay

Bill Ramsay

My dear West

My post below is an examination of the nospam post earlier on where
nospam described mr turner in the terms shown below.

I was trying to deconstruct his meaning.

I would mind repeating it

kind regards

bill ramsay

(ps. it's supposed to be a satirical riposte to the drivel that has
been posted here by the likes of Nospam. ]

[pps. we do irony here in NZ as well]

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 05:29:24 GMT, "west" wrote:

er ... would you mind repeating that?
west

"Bill Ramsay" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Fred Nachbaur

Bill Ramsay wrote:
My dear West

My post below is an examination of the nospam post earlier on where
nospam described mr turner in the terms shown below.

I was trying to deconstruct his meaning.

I would mind repeating it

kind regards

bill ramsay

(ps. it's supposed to be a satirical riposte to the drivel that has
been posted here by the likes of Nospam. ]

[pps. we do irony here in NZ as well]

Hahaha! Excellent. "Both kinds of riposte." Reminds me of "The Blues
Brothers", who are informed by the pub operator that "We have both kinds
of music - Country *and* Western".

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Choky

spineless ****ing anonymous

.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Phil Allison

"Fred Nachbaur"

Wow, I'm impressed!

** Says volumes about what a jerk-off Fred is and nothing about the
post.

What a lovely bit of satire.

** It ain't lovely and it ain't satire at all - it is just a load of
smartarse tripe.

While it's probably lost on the OP,

** There was nothing to lose.

whose brain is obviously incapable of making it past the first sentence,

** Not worth going even that far - it only gets worse and worse.

I want you to know that your work was appreciated by me,
and probably many others.

** Puke, puke ,puke .....

............... Phil

Greg Pierce

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 10:30:21 +0000, the highly esteemed Fred Nachbaur
enlightened us with these pearls of wisdom:

Bill Ramsay wrote:
My dear West

My post below is an examination of the nospam post earlier on where
nospam described mr turner in the terms shown below.

I was trying to deconstruct his meaning.

I would mind repeating it

kind regards

bill ramsay

(ps. it's supposed to be a satirical riposte to the drivel that has
been posted here by the likes of Nospam. ]

[pps. we do irony here in NZ as well]

Hahaha! Excellent. "Both kinds of riposte." Reminds me of "The Blues
Brothers", who are informed by the pub operator that "We have both kinds
of music - Country *and* Western".

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop
suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before the catalytic
converter so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it
the new Bluesmobile or what?"

That is one of my all time favorite movies. Just for kicks, count how
many times (mostly in the background) you hear the phrase "They
broke my watch!".

--
Greg

--The software said it requires Win2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

Jim Menning

"Greg Pierce" wrote in message
news
"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop
suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before the catalytic
converter so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it
the new Bluesmobile or what?"

That is one of my all time favorite movies.

Auto Week did a story on the Bluesmobile years ago. I always liked the
description of how much air the carburetor took in when kicking in the
four-barrel. "Strong enough to suck pigeons in from off the sidewalk".

jim menning

jim

[...]

Bill, ....thanks for keeping the language alive and well, down there in NZ.
It get's so terribly corrupted now everybody is using it...
Another analysis ? ..
You suck ? I understand this is an insult across the Atlantic, but here,
in the UK, it is lost on us because everybody sucks. It's something we all
do with a hard boiled sweet or a cough lozenge in order to stimulate the
saliva glands to extract the flavour. The Oxford English Dictionary defines
it quite plainly.
Anybody who has only recently adopted the language should note that regional
or national insults are, probably, completely meaningless, elsewhere.
It has been suggested that .. 'you suck' ... has a sexual connection. Why
this should be insulting is beyond me. If I have a female to suck, this
put's me one step ahead of somebody who hasn't, and 40 years of females
leads me to believe that the creation of a partial vacuum, somewhere around
her person, is not of any great importance. Blow and suck are frequently
associated with sexual pleasure. I prefer my females at 14.3 lb/sq in..
Inflate or evacuate them as you will.

Aussie Faggot ? The faggot is a traditional product originating, correct
me if I am wrong, in SW England. It's meat, fat, offal, herbs, onions, and
anything else you choose to throw into it, including the left overs from
last night's meal. Add flour, form it into balls, and warm them up to form
a tasty evening meal, at little cost, tomorrow night. You don't suck
them, though, you just eat them.
Nowadays, it's called a Big Mac. Another example of British inventiveness
taken out for a ride by US corporate marketing. Crap + marketing = profit.
Having watched a few American canned laughter situation comedies, I
understand it means homosexual over there !! The connection between a
cheap evening meal and a homosexual is a little tenuous, to say the least.
Sucking a faggot is, indeed, dangerous territory to be in, depending on
whether you are in New York, Nottingham, Brisbane or Moscow...
I don't believe the Australians ever adopted the true English faggot, or,
if they did produce their own version of the cheap evening meal, they would
almost certainly have found another name for it.
The expression ..... You suck..you Aussie Faggot ......
Sorry ?? What does that mean ??
kind regards
jim

Rich Andrews

Greg Pierce wrote in
news

Bill Ramsay wrote:
[...]

"We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and
we're wearing sunglasses."

I did...until I found out that the regulars over there new less about
ohm's law than a cockroach...It took crotchetey old Turner to
straighten them out. He is the guy they pick on the most too.
hahaha...go figure! Hell, call me a bigot if you like, I don't care.
This is going to be fun. Getting back at Patrick for his anti-american
comments.

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:37:26 GMT, "Steve O'Neill"
wrote:

Hi:

Not sure what prompts Mr. nospam's outburst here on RAT's. Seems that
nospam (AKA radiodaze) spends more of his time over at
rec.antique.radio_phono. Must be "pile-on" mentality at work.

Ned Carlson

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:32:52 +0000, Greg Pierce wrote:

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop
suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before the catalytic
converter so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it
the new Bluesmobile or what?"

I had...and this was long before the Blues Brothers... a Dodge
Polara of almost exactly the same description except it had
a 383 (as I recall, Illinois State Police cars of that
vintage only had 383's, Indiana had the 440's).
The bias-ply "cop tires" stunk, no wet weather traction
at all, no wonder I remember seeing state police cars in the
ditch during the winter. Suspension was nice & tight,
and the State Police did a decent job of maintenence, so
the motor still didn't burn oil and it didn't need new U-joints
and ball joints like most Chrysler products of that era
with over 80,000 miles on them. The distibutor wouldn't
hold dwell so I put a rebuilt cast iron dual point out of
a junk DeSoto in it..

--
Ned Carlson Triode Electronics Chicago,IL USA
www.triodeelectronics.com