Sergio Fucchi

Default To record live a chorus.

I am the new (and the 1st!) recording-man of a chorus of my town of about 40
people.

I have some experiences of recording music live (classical, jazz and folk)
but none of chours and I would like to have some conseils for this.

Thank You.

Sergio Fucchi
Italy.

P.S. - I use a Sony cassette tape record WM-D6C and two mic Sony stereo
ECM-MS957.

Carey Carlan

"Sergio Fucchi" wrote in
:

I am the new (and the 1st!) recording-man of a chorus of my town of
about 40 people.

I have some experiences of recording music live (classical, jazz and
folk) but none of chours and I would like to have some conseils for
this.

Recording chorus is just like recording classical. Find a good place for
your stereo mic and press REC.

A good place for chorus is usually 3 to 6 meters in front and 2 to 3 meters
up. Depends on the group and the room.
Sergio Fucchi

Thank You.

Is there in Internet some site where to find others suggestions about
recording music live?

Sergio.

"Carey Carlan" ha scritto nel messaggio
. 201...
"Sergio Fucchi" wrote in
:

I am the new (and the 1st!) recording-man of a chorus of my town of
about 40 people.

I have some experiences of recording music live (classical, jazz and
folk) but none of chours and I would like to have some conseils for
this.

Recording chorus is just like recording classical. Find a good place for
your stereo mic and press REC.

A good place for chorus is usually 3 to 6 meters in front and 2 to 3

meters
up. Depends on the group and the room.

Richard Crowley

"Sergio Fucchi" wrote in message
Thank You.

Is there in Internet some site where to find others suggestions about
recording music live?

http://www.josephson.com/mictech.html

Len Moskowitz

Sergio Fucchi wrote:

I am the new (and the 1st!) recording-man of a chorus of my town of about 40
people.

For a modern quality recording it's time to upgrade your recording
equipment. A cassette recorder and the Sony single-point stereo mic
won't do the job these days (unless, of course, you are content with the
quality of the recordings you are making).

Consider getting a pair of good omnis, a Jecklin or Schneider Disk, and a linear PCM
recorder.

Position the Disk slightly behind the conductor, set levels and hit
"Record".

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912