Matteo

Default Ac30

Hi, this is Matteo from Italy.

Do you remember the problem in my homebuilt version of AC30 (changes
in supply and in power stage), that is to say the low output power ?

Well, the problem was the output transformer, which was handwound by a
guy here in Milan. One of the secondaries (for the different taps of
4, 8, 16 ohm) was wound in the wrong direction.

So, measuring the impedance ratio of the OT in steady state, the
result was excellent. But giving power to the OT involved creating
some 'contrary' flux which cancels a good portion of output power.

Now I appreciate the full 30W and it's a thunder !

Thank you very much for your advices.

Bye

Matteo
Yves

Hi Matteo, here is Yves, south of France.

Not so far from Milan (perhaps 4 hours by car).
I'll be quite intrested to meet (or at least exchange ideas or marchandises
with) guys who
handwind trannies .. as I try to do.
Does this guy accept to contact me ?

Anche puo parlare (lentamente) Italiano.

Happy to know you won.
Cheers, Yves.

om...