Default Newbie Question - Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have swapped out my solid state preamp for a tube unit from Audio
Experience out of Hong Kong. I am very impressed with the unit so far
but am thinking of doing some tube swapping just to see how it affects
the sound. It uses a tube regulated power supply and 3 12AX7 tubes
for the line stage. My question is:
If this is a two channel amp, why does it use 3 signal tubes?
Are they arranged in at A, A+B, B arrangement where the third tube
amplifies signals that are common between channels?
Or would it be split with the third tube amplifying only the low
frequencies?
I am really quite perplexed as to why there would be three signal
tubes used. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

CButtacavo

It is very possible that there are a total of three stages in the unit and it
is simply using each dual triode as the left and right active element for each
of the three stages.