Patrick Turner

Default I understand killfiles!!!!!

Hi all at rec.audio.tubes.

The manager dude at my ISP must have pulled a few strings after he got
my
letter today with a stern warning that if he couldn't offer reliable
access to RAT,
and all the other news groups which failed to work, then I'd be off to
another ISP.

Now that I have logged on tonight, voila, a fresh list of headers!,
instead of almost nothing much at all.

But I see the group is under serious invasion from the cross posting
nutters who
have no regard for those of us who like to retire to discuss our
tubacious problems inpeace, without being distracted by the political
issues of Iraq, or the idiotic ravings on the demise of a british
princess.

Its unfortunate that I don't see a great deal of tube related / audio
issues.

Maybe I will come back in a week.

Patrick Turner.

Gregg

Welcome back Pat! :-)

I found that killing entire domains cleans things up here, as well as a
script routine that looks for the name "Andre" in post contents and
deletes them ;-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Robert Casey

Patrick Turner wrote:

Hi all at rec.audio.tubes.

But I see the group is under serious invasion from the cross posting
nutters who
have no regard for those of us who like to retire to discuss our
tubacious problems inpeace, without being distracted by the political
issues of Iraq, or the idiotic ravings on the demise of a british
princess.

There's also spam postings of what seem to be porn, but I've heard that
they're really
viruses of some sort. I haven't opened any to find out.....

Its unfortunate that I don't see a great deal of tube related / audio
issues.

Maybe I will come back in a week.

Patrick Turner.

I haven't bothered with killfiles. I can see the name of the author in
the list of
unread posts, and if I think someone is becomming a real jerk in some
thread,
I skip it. Even some of the real bad ones sometimes have something
valid to say.
If not then I move on....