Eric Heilner

Default Tascam US-122 not working with Tiger?

After upgrading from Panther to Tiger, my US-122 stopped functioning. The
USB light does not go on, and my computer does not find the US-122. I called
up Tascam support; after being on hold for about an hour, they had me delete
all US122 files, restart my computer, and re-install the 323 software. No
luck. Tascam support told me that the problem must be with my computer
running under Tiger, since (a) They have had no problems running under
Tiger, and (b) the unit was working on my son's iBook running under Panther.

To verify that the problem was my computer, I upgraded my son's iBook to
Tiger. However, once I installed Tiger on my son's laptop, the unit stopped
functioning, and now the USB light does not go on when attached to my son's
machine. So just to triple check, I installed the 323 software on my
daughter's iBook, which is still running Panther. The USB light went on
immediately!

Tascam support insists that there are no problems running under Tiger, yet I
have reproduced the problem on two computers. All suggestions are welcome,
but yes, I've tried switching cables, USB ports, etc, etc.

If it matters, my computer is a four year old G4 (Silver CD Doors) running
10.4.1 and my son's laptop is a 4 year old G3 iBook Dual USB running vanilla
10.4.

Am I the only person experiencing this problem? I'm hoping to keep this
unit, since it has been performing fine for a year and a half. But if it
doesn't run under Tiger, then I shall have to replace it (and it won't be a
Tascam product). Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

singproinc

My daughter uses her Tascam US-122 with Logic 7.1 & Tiger on a 1ghz 15"
iMac.

It didn't work at first, and then she downloaded & installed the most
recent driver (which was listed as the most current one for 10.3, not
10.4), and then it worked fine.

dale

why would you upgrade any computer without making sure that the
equipement you want to use is compatable with said upgrade?
have you gone to the website for tascam to find that out?

Tascam DM24 help Mike Rivers Pro Audio 4 March 31st 05 11:23 PM
How do I get MMC/MTC/SMPTE between Sonar, Tascam 1884, and an ADAT? Joe Emenaker Pro Audio 3 June 16th 04 01:39 PM
WTB: Marantz 2500 or 2600 receiver working or non working.Looking for working or non working Awmd95 Marketplace 0 January 18th 04 10:42 AM
What happen to the TASCAM on-line forums??? Sandy Pro Audio 1 October 23rd 03 01:20 AM
FS: Studio Liquidation VGardner Marketplace 0 October 14th 03 04:02 PM