tony

Default help with active speakers

I've been looking to replace a pair of Philips 544's I bought about 10
years ago but apparently nobody's making self-powered speakers
anymore. Besides recording studio monitors I haven't found a single
option. Looking through old postings I've seen many good reviews of
the Paradigm Reference 20's but apparently these were discontinued in
2001. Any suggestions?

tony
UnionPac2001

I've been looking to replace a pair of Philips 544's I bought about 10
years ago but apparently nobody's making self-powered speakers
anymore. Besides recording studio monitors I haven't found a single
option. Looking through old postings I've seen many good reviews of
the Paradigm Reference 20's but apparently these were discontinued in
2001. Any suggestions?

tony

You could always look on eBay or Audiogon for a pair of used Paradigm Active
20's, but you will pay plenty for them...
Robert Morein

"tony" wrote in message
om...
I've been looking to replace a pair of Philips 544's I bought about 10
years ago but apparently nobody's making self-powered speakers
anymore. Besides recording studio monitors I haven't found a single
option. Looking through old postings I've seen many good reviews of
the Paradigm Reference 20's but apparently these were discontinued in
2001. Any suggestions?

tony

Hafler TRM8.1
http://www.hafler.com