Geoff Wood

Default DAW Query

"Monroe" wrote in message
Perhaps not the ideal newsgroup . . . ?

mailto
geoff

James Buhler

"Monroe" wrote in message
Perhaps not the ideal newsgroup . . . ?

I have an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe w/ 3.0 GHz P4. Using a Thermalright
XP-120 CPU cooler (rather large and unwieldy). I'm looking at
upgrading my older Antec SX case to an iherently quieter model. I've
been eyeballling the Antec Sonata I/II but I'm concerned with the air
duct system that is used. Anyone have this particular case/CPU cooler
working w/o removal of the ducts? For those that have the case, does
the cooling of the case suffer with the removal of the duct (if, say,
the duct won't fit with this particular cooler)?

Further to this, any particular recommendations for an alternative
case for this m/b-cooler combination that can accept 2 x optical
devices and a minimum of 3 HDD's? I understand that some of the newer
cases with alternate orientation of HDD's can be problematic w/o
particular HDD cables (ex. 90 deg SATA cables). If PSU is included,
looking at something offering a good quality, quiet 400W + PSU.

thanks
--

Monroe

I am using a Sonata I case and there is no air duct system. Running a P4
3.0 Ghz machine with Asus mobo. It is amazing how quiet the system is with
this case. Under full load (3D mark) the case temp is at 32 degrees and the
CPU runs at 41 degrees. BTW, I am just using the Intel retail heat sink and
fan that came with the chip. Your thermalright sink and fan may even offer
better results.

HTH,

J.

Headphones - query volume Smogo Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 06:32 PM
44.1 at 16 bit Query John Nunes Pro Audio 0 February 24th 04 08:56 PM
Newby Query Tobes \(Breath\) Pro Audio 3 December 20th 03 03:39 PM
Query from Eastern Europe BWRIAAWHINE Audio Opinions 0 November 30th 03 09:22 PM
Swtichbox Query Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 1 October 21st 03 09:19 AM