Rick

Default HDD Query

If your still searching you may want to try in the NG
(comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage).

Rick

"Monroe" wrote in message
news
Looking at upgrading a couple of the drives in my system . . . . audio
drive and sample storage drive. Looking for opinions on the current
crop (say, vs the WD Caviar SE's that I'm replacing . . . . one
dying, other a bit too small). How are the new Maxtor DM10's or the
Seagate 7200.8 UATA's? Not much on the web. Both have interesting
spec's.
--

Monroe

Rusty B.

www.storagereview.com

reviews, leaderboard, forum and a database of reliability info.

Personally, I think the Hitachi 7k250 series drives are the best bang
for the buck. 160GB for $80 or 250GB for $130. I have eight of the
250GB drives with a Broadcom BC4852 RAID card for redundant video
storage. 2TB total but 1.75TB useable in case of drive failure.

Zeppelin query Tobiah Pro Audio 23 August 11th 04 09:25 PM
Cable query Colin Green High End Audio 1 April 19th 04 09:19 PM
44.1 at 16 bit Query John Nunes Pro Audio 0 February 24th 04 08:56 PM
Query from Eastern Europe BWRIAAWHINE Audio Opinions 0 November 30th 03 09:22 PM
Swtichbox Query Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 1 October 21st 03 09:19 AM