Steven Patterson

Default Remote control turntables

I'm looking to buy a remote control turntable. I've seen the ADC
Accutrac mentioned and on eBay, although not in the UK where I'm
based.

Does anyone know of any other r/c turntables, and/or opinions on the
Accutrac.

TIA

Steve
UnionPac2001

Does anyone know of any other r/c turntables, and/or opinions on the
Accutrac.

I had an Accutrac 4000 back in the late '70s. Seemed to work fairly well. The
only problem is that you need a specific proprietary cartridge for it to be
able to locate each particular track on a record. If the original cartridge
goes on the fritz, you can install any "normal" cart. But without the correct
cartridge, the only remote functions the table can perform is to start and play
the record from the beginning (no track selection), and cue and return the arm
at any point during play. Once my original cartridge bought the dust, and I
couldn't find a replacement, I installed a regular cart but somewhat lost
interest. I went out and got a higher quality manual 'table for the same
price. I disassembled the Accutrac with the intention of refinishing the wood
base about 5 years ago. It sat in a box until we moved last year. Having
never refinished it, I chucked it out instead of moving it. It did always turn
heads in operation though!

Jeff