SteUK

Default Blaupunkt Casablanca MP54 or Kenwood KDC-W7027

Am having trouble deciding what to replace my old standard issue sony/VW
effort with...i use a HD MP3 player so need AUX in, which both these
have in one for or another...so any advice.opinion most appreciated!

'MP54' (http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/casablanca.asp)

or

'KDC-W7027' (http://tinyurl.com/3saqq)

Thanks
Ste

--
SteUK
SteUK's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=33134

Kevin McMurtrie

In article 1108394295.c3cef4777f85166c5531f15b7f765490@teran ews,
SteUK wrote:

Am having trouble deciding what to replace my old standard issue sony/VW
effort with...i use a HD MP3 player so need AUX in, which both these
have in one for or another...so any advice.opinion most appreciated!

'MP54' (http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/casablanca.asp)

or

'KDC-W7027' (http://tinyurl.com/3saqq)

Thanks
Ste

The quality of recent Blaupunkt receivers has taken a serious dive. My
old Florida RD 168 was great but my Orlando CD72 is plagued with the
world's most tedious controls and many, many firmware bugs (*). On the
other hand, Kenwood isn't a very good brand either. I'd avoid both.

*
Turn on, off, and then on again within 15 seconds. The 12V line does
not come on.

Turn on then tap a station button before the graphics crap finishes.
That station is overwritten with the current frequency.

Press the station buttons frequently. The display IDs near the buttons
shuffle but the frequencies remain the same.

Bad reception can cause the station button displays to become stuck with
garbage characters.

The power-on volume setting does not hold.

The RDS Text setting does not hold.

RDS Text mode flashes "NO TEXT" forever instead of showing the frequency
after a few seconds.

Seek tuning is unreliable while RDS is on. The manual says it isn't
supported.

SHARX sometimes becomes confused and seeks out a minimum signal. Need
to tune away then back to fix it.

Takes about 6 button presses to switch between AM and FM!!!

If you turn up the Bass and X-BASS at the same time, the bass goes away.

CD and AUX input modes often get digital squeal.

No CD skip protection buffering.

The spectum display mode is fake. The lines bounce independently of the
sound.

Can not show CD time and clock simultaneously. You have to eject the
disk or reconfigure the settings to see the clock.