Daniel Carlson

Default DVD RAM

Does anyone make an in-dash CD player that reads MP3s from DVD RAM?

Thanks for any info anyone might be able to provide.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore CO

MOSFET

Thanks for any info anyone might be able to provide.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore CO

You know, that's a good question. I have a related one. My computer has a
CD burner and DVD, but not a DVD burner. I'm considering buying one as
they've become very cheap, $50 or so. I currently use my in car DVD player
mainly for MP3's and MPEG's (I have a huge music video library). This is
probably a dumb question, but wouldn't I be able to store TONS of MP3's (5
gigs or so?) on a DVD and play that in my car DVD player? I assume so, but
I've never looked into it.

MOSFET

MOSFET wrote:
Thanks for any info anyone might be able to provide.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore CO

You know, that's a good question. I have a related one. My computer

has a
CD burner and DVD, but not a DVD burner. I'm considering buying one

as
they've become very cheap, $50 or so. I currently use my in car DVD

player
mainly for MP3's and MPEG's (I have a huge music video library).

This is
probably a dumb question, but wouldn't I be able to store TONS of

MP3's (5
gigs or so?) on a DVD and play that in my car DVD player? I assume

so, but
I've never looked into it.

MOSFET

YOu forget the reason that you can't play MP3 in DVD player. The reason
is
it's take hugh time for the DVD player to read out 5G tons of file
names.
It's takes more than 5 mins to read the whole mp3 files name in DVD
format.

AntiSpammer

hehe

MOSFET

"AntiSpammer" wrote in message
hehe

OK, we've all had our fun teasing the troll. Now would someone, please,
answer our question. You can play burned DVD's (with MP3's) in any DVD
player, right?

MOSFET

I checked the four most expensive units at crotch feeld. Nothing. Can
only play from cd/cdr/cdrw.

MOSFET

Hmmm. When you say units, you mean DVD/CD players, right?

Does anybody else have any experience playing MP3's on DVD's?

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...
I checked the four most expensive units at crotch feeld. Nothing. Can
only play from cd/cdr/cdrw.

MOSFET

should work if it has a mp3 decoder in it, so say it can play a cd with
mp3's and it can play dvd's then it will play a dvd with mp3's.

Well, that's what I thought, I just became concerned because although you
see CD and DVD players that say they play CD-RW discs, it's much more rare
to see a deck that says it plays DVD-RW discs, but now that I look through
the Crutchfield catalog, I see that many players do, indeed, mention this.

MOSFET

Mike wrote:
That's funny, my Pioneer home unit plays MP3 from DVD and it takes

about 3
seconds to load up... and it shuffles that too.

you got few mp3 songs. Burn thousand mp3 and see if your system can
read
as fast your wish...Even your computer can't read as fast as you
wish...