Default How do I get the max from my 1/2 ohm stable amp

I have a new amp that is 2000w X 2 (1/2 ohm stable). It is also 1500w
X 2 (1 ohm stable). Can someone please tell me how I can get the
maximum power at 1/2 ohm, and at 1 ohm. Tell me what subs would be
perfect for either or both.

Dark1

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a new amp that is 2000w X 2 (1/2 ohm stable). It is also 1500w
X 2 (1 ohm stable). Can someone please tell me how I can get the
maximum power at 1/2 ohm, and at 1 ohm. Tell me what subs would be
perfect for either or both.

mind being specific about what amp this is?
first, I've never met a 2000x2 amp.. secondly, the method depends if it's
bridgable or not..

Patrick Wilson

Is it a Boss 4000?

Bridge the channels so now you have a single channel one ohm stable

Get a dual 2 Ohm sub, or (2) dual 1 Ohm, or (2) dual 4 Ohm.

That amp probably does about 1000-1500Wrms. So pick subs to handle
that.

Patrick Wilson
battleofthebass.com

--
Patrick Wilson
Patrick Wilson's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=33115

it is a Boss PD-4000

yeah, it is a Boss 4000. I ordered 2 15" dual 1 Ohm SPL's. which have
a 1400w continuous and 2800w max. Was that a good choice?

If it is, can you help me find a good box for the subs? I want a
unique box, like a bandpass or probox.

Uh if it really is 1400 W, I hope you bought a new alternator. From what I
remember Boss really overstates their power.

remember, you get what you pay for and if you didn't pay a lot, you probably
didn't get a lot.

oups.com...