Spectre

Default Need some quick answers and HELP on NEW C70 Audio System

Hi guys,
Need some help with my New C70 upgrading from a SC-816 to SC-901;

1. I have a 2001 C70 Hardtop with the HPT but only the single CD SC-816 does
my car have the Dynaudio Speakers?

2. How many should there be? I don't seem to have the center.

3. What EXACTLY do I need to do conversion? SC-901, center channel speaker
and anything else? Is there a seperate 5.1 decoder box? If so where is it in
the car?

4. Would my car currently have a 4x100 or 4x50 amp? How can I tell and where
is it in the car?

5. To add BASS I have read that some folks use the Infinity Kappa BASS Link
10" x200w powered speaker as a "drop-in" with the SC-901. Is it in fact a
Drop-in? I just want a bit more low BASS not to shake the ground and can't
afford a whole new aftermarket system so trying to max out OEM on the cheap.
How would I connect to OEM SC-901? via speaker leads? Anyone do this? Is the
BASS LINK best solution for C70?

6. Any diagrams or websites that detail audio install and or assembly /
disassembly of Audio on a C70?

7. Is this something I should tackle or pay to have installed? I am not new
to aftermarket stereos my Cherokee has 7 speakers and 3 amps putting out
serious sounds. I am however new to Volvos. Anyone in South Florida know a
"DECENT" audio shop that can do this if I provide parts that knows VOLVO and
won't cost me my 1st born? I have had terrible experiences over the years
with several shops down here!

Thanks for the help. I am new to Volvo and these forums seem great, I am
coming from the Jeep community and there was so much more info and parts
availability out there that finding the Volvo stuff is frustrating. However,
this seems like a real cool bunch of people and so far I am glad I got the
Volvo.

Mike F

Spectre wrote:

Hi guys,
Need some help with my New C70 upgrading from a SC-816 to SC-901;

1. I have a 2001 C70 Hardtop with the HPT but only the single CD SC-816 does
my car have the Dynaudio Speakers?

2. How many should there be? I don't seem to have the center.

3. What EXACTLY do I need to do conversion? SC-901, center channel speaker
and anything else? Is there a seperate 5.1 decoder box? If so where is it in
the car?

You'll need a separate amp for the SC-901 - it's internal amp is only
for the center speaker. You don't actually need the center speaker,
which would require a different dash pad.

I thought that all C70s had dynaudio speakers, but I also thought they
all had SC-900/901 as well.

4. Would my car currently have a 4x100 or 4x50 amp? How can I tell and where
is it in the car?

The amp would be located in the left rear of the trunk on a bracket that
is also designed to hold the 6 disc CD changer. And it's probably a
4x60. I suppose it's possible you have a 4x50 amp that in normally used
in the S70/V70, which would be mounted under the front passenger seat.

--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.

Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
(But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)