SHRED

Default Line level sub out?

I finally isolated my HU's(Alpine CDA-9827) problem to the SUB OUT. It
is intermittent and then stops working.
In the mean time, during the isolation tests, I got the SUB OUT to work
for about 15 minutes and both 20A fuses on my JBL 300.1 sub amp burned
through when the amp got HOT!.

My question:

Can line level SUB OUTS be so screwed up that they could cause this to
happen to the sub amp? I am trying to determine if this was a
coincidence or not?

THanks
MOSFET

I finally isolated my HU's(Alpine CDA-9827) problem to the SUB OUT. It
is intermittent and then stops working.
In the mean time, during the isolation tests, I got the SUB OUT to work
for about 15 minutes and both 20A fuses on my JBL 300.1 sub amp burned
through when the amp got HOT!.

My question:

Can line level SUB OUTS be so screwed up that they could cause this to
happen to the sub amp? I am trying to determine if this was a
coincidence or not?

THanks

Well, it's unlikely that these two events are related, but something does
come to mind. It's possible that your Alpine's subwoofer line level output
is messed up in such a way that it is creating subsonic distortion or some
type of subsonic hum. While not apparently audible, such a problem would
cause your amp to get really hot and perhaps blow fuses as you describe.
However, please know that this is only a guess.

MOSFET

SHRED

MOSFET wrote:
[...]

Thanks again MOSFET.

Now the latest.

I forgot about the tiny "reset" button on the deck face. DOH!

Well I pushed it and now all is well. My Alpine sub amp drives the sub
fine. I think the JBL sub amp has some internal problems but I plan on
replacing the fuses and trying it again post "reset" button activation
on the HU.