Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chris Scebelo

Default High-end speaker selector

The GFS-6 is still listed on the Adcom site-see my post above. It is
passive. Note the wire connectors in the rear can handle just about any
size wire while the comparable Niles can't handle really heavy gauge. You
know if you can't get these, you could just as well construct a selector
using RS blade throw switches on a board for $20 and hide behind the
speakers. It would work just as well. I would not pay Bryston prices.

"CCSman" wrote in message
Having just browsed the Adcom site, I can't find any mention of any

switches
of any type. Do you have a source for them?

Well, it may not be a current product, but Adcom did have 3 speaker

selector
boxes. The one to look for is the GFS-4, as that's the only one that's

really
100% passive. eBay or Audiogon should be a good source for a GFS-4

Another source for a clean speaker selector is Bryston.