Bruno Putzeys

Default It's all from "How to measure speaker cables?"

How about "If I can't hear the difference, I'm not spending any money on
it." and conversely. Even in cases where sonic differences are established
objectively, it's the user who has to decide for himself whether the
difference matters to him, and into how much money this translates.

"Lawrence Leung" wrote in message
Thanks for you guys many inputs!

I once sat down with one of my friends who is really into Hi-End audio
stuff. I brought a pair of speaker cable to him to listen. Because I
could not distinguish it with my Oval-9. He sat there and listen for
about half an hour, try difference components and CDs.

Then he told me the difference between these two cables.

My point is, the ability of distinguish two difference pair of speaker
cables depends pretty much on experience. I can't tell the difference
might be because there is no difference, or might be because I'm not
experience enough to tell.

But, quantitative results are independent of your experience, plain
machine data.

I'm not saying blind test is useless, as a matter of fact, I think blind
test is the most important issue for personal listening experience.
However, if I want to sell/promote/introduce a piece of cable to you, I
can either say:

1. "Hey, I like it, the difference is audible, and it worth the money,
trust me!", or

2. "Hey, I don't really know how you will define good cable yourself.
Now, this is spec. of my cable, these are spec. from AudioQuest,
Analysis-Plus, Kimber Cable, MIT, Cardas. See, my spec. is very close or
even exceed some of them, and look, you only have to pay half or one-
third of their price. Try it yourself."

Which approach you think is better?

I don't like to jump into any conclusion before I know the full or almost
full picture. Because of that, I feel offense that somebody did that to
me. Before you try to accuse anyone, make sure you know who your target
is? If you don't, try saying sth like that: "I don't know about you, but
in my opinion... blah blah blah..." Does it sound better?

Thanks again!

Lawrence Leung