Jim C

Default JBL L100 Speaker question

I have a pair of these I purchased new in 1975 and they have been my primary
speakers since that time.

While I am still very happy with them there has unfortunately been some
damage to the cabinets which make it difficult to keep the grilles on.

I am wondering what my options are as far as repair goes. Can I purchase a
new cabinet? Where can you get decent speaker cloth?

Finally, if it is time to retire them to the back bedroom what would be a
good alternate in a floorstanding speaker?

--
Jim C

Joseph Oberlander

Jim C wrote:

I have a pair of these I purchased new in 1975 and they have been my primary
speakers since that time.

While I am still very happy with them there has unfortunately been some
damage to the cabinets which make it difficult to keep the grilles on.

I am wondering what my options are as far as repair goes. Can I purchase a
new cabinet? Where can you get decent speaker cloth?

Finally, if it is time to retire them to the back bedroom what would be a
good alternate in a floorstanding speaker?

They still make them - the 4400 series monitors. If you really
like them , do what I did years ago and sel the old ones and get
the exact samer thing as a replacement.