Sean Bartholomew

Default instrument level to very low gtr pickup level

mike rivers came up with a great idea
if i could disconnect the PREAMP of the yamaha module and patch the
fishman output (instrument level) directly into the eq section of the
yamaha, bypassing the preamp, it should work. it already expects a
preamp'ed signal.

ok u experts and audio geniuses. lets see u figure THIS one out. my
music store techies CANNOT do it.

I suspect they're correct, at least insofar as they don't
Want to attempt it, and I don't blame them.

i want the instrument level signal present at the output of my Fishman
Gtr pickup system to be modified so that it is at the correct level,
impedence, whatever, to be input to the pickup input of another Yamaha
pickup system.

Your information is inadequate, but I'll hazard a guess that
both guitars have internal preamps. That being the case,
you may be successful transferring the ENTIRE pre-amp
assembly (including controls) from the Yamaha to the guitar
with the Fishman in it, leaving Only the pick-up(s) in the
original guitars.

There are probably some very valid reasons why this may not
be advisable, which is probably why your local Tech turned
you away.

ok #1:
its ONE guitar. i disabled the proprietary yamaha system and put in a
fishman system but my yamaha preamp with the vol and eq controls are
still part of the guitar. just not connected inside.

#2:
the yamaha preamp DOES accept a signal to its liking. (the ribbon
pickup under the bridge).
i just need to disguise the fishman output so that the yamaha preamp
THINKS its receiving from the bridge pickup when its connected to the
fishman.

#3:
ALL signals can be modified through electronics to whatever state u
need it to be. thats why im in the TECH section of this newgroup. if
ur NOT familiar with technology please DO NOT answer.

#4:
i dont need an ANSWER solving this problem (though that would be
nice) but rather i hoped to gather information that could guide me
toward a fair solution. eg: output spec on the fishman, output spec of
the bridge pickup, techniques to pad down the fishman out etc. or at
least tell what i need to find out b4 undertaking thi project.

thanks for ur reply though.