Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

Default Can anyone identify this DBX speaker??

I have a HUGE DBX subwoofer. Cabinet is clearly marked DBX and is
finished in the same style and their other consumer speakers and subs.
However, this thing is HUGE. Speaker is approx 40" wide, 30" tall and
approx 20" deep. Overall size looks to be about 1.5X the size of the
typical 25" console TV of years ago. Not finished in a heavy duty
manner necessary for stage or portable use. Looks to be designed for
home consumer use or maybe studio use.

No indication of its power handling capacity, model number,etc. Only
markings I can find is the DBX badge on the grill and the DBX logo on
the dust cap of the woofer. However, I am POSITIVE that it is an
actual DBX product and not another company's cabinet in which a DBX
woofer was replaced. Half the front is covered by a grill, other half
is the typical light oak colored vinyl coverning.

Someone out there must know something about this monster. Got any idea
of the specs or value of this speaker????? Probably going to sell it
real soon since the wife says she has had about all she can stand of
this oversized monster conflicting with the decor of the den.

I can probably provide a link to a pic if anyone is interested.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

Forgot to mention that woofer measures 18".

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

Default link to pics of unknown DBX speaker

Here is a link to some pics of the unit.

http://www.consolidatedlogisticscenter.com/pics.html. Cut and paste
this in your browser if you can't click on it.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
GregS

In article . com, wrote:
Here is a link to some pics of the unit.

http://www.consolidatedlogisticscenter.com/pics.html. Cut and paste
this in your browser if you can't click on it.

I can't identify but large enclosure indicates a fairly efficient design. The port size is a little
small for the woofer size, which may have audible port noise and compression.
Looks like something DAK would sell. Maybe they did. Ask them.

greg

Las Vegas CES Russ Button High End Audio 27 January 28th 05 10:57 PM
Old speaker boxes Jebus Tech 270 June 4th 04 01:42 AM
Comments about Blind Testing watch king High End Audio 24 January 28th 04 04:03 PM
A question for the cognoscenti autoformers BFoelsch Vacuum Tubes 21 October 5th 03 03:41 PM
additional speakers Steve Tech 25 September 22nd 03 04:28 PM