TechnoFuddy

Default Pioneer DEH-P8600MP Stereo Problem

Greetings, Braintrust.

Just got the abformentioned stereo installed and all is almost well.
Radio, CD, and XM sound fine. The only problem is that the front panel
number buttons (1 to 6) have stopped having any effect. I can save and
select stations on AM, FM & XM from the remote - but the front panel
buttons seem dead to the world. Is there some interlock or over-riding
function I have inadvertantly enabled, or is this a bona-fide, take it
back and wait for another type problem ?

Thanks for your wisdom.

Chuck
Scott Gardner

Going through the owner's manual, I couldn't find anything about a
"feature" that would let you disable the front panel number buttons,
but it does mention a "reset" button on the front panel that you press
with a ball-point pen or paper clip. I'd try that first. If that
doesn't work, since the faceplate is removable, I'd check the contacts
to make sure they're not obstructed. Since the stereo is new, it
probably wouldn't be dirt, but there could be some fuzz or maybe a
small piece of paper or plastic from the packing materials.

Scott Gardner

On 11 May 2004 21:28:27 -0700, (TechnoFuddy) wrote:

Greetings, Braintrust.

Just got the abformentioned stereo installed and all is almost well.
Radio, CD, and XM sound fine. The only problem is that the front panel
number buttons (1 to 6) have stopped having any effect. I can save and
select stations on AM, FM & XM from the remote - but the front panel
buttons seem dead to the world. Is there some interlock or over-riding
function I have inadvertantly enabled, or is this a bona-fide, take it
back and wait for another type problem ?

Thanks for your wisdom.

Chuck

Chuck Kelly

Thanks, Scott - but I have now tried both of those. Neither works.

Any other ideas before I send this back to the dealer ?