Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
isw isw is offline

Default CBS Labs RIAA Test Record on eBay

Sorry for the intrusion, but this may interest some of the denizens of
rec.audio:

I've just put on eBay a CBS Laboratories STR 130 RIAA Test Record.

It can be accessed as Item # 280316380901.

Because of the special nature of the item, I've given it a ten-day
listing.

This may be your last chance to get such a disc; if you need it, good
luck.

Isaac
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:44:09 -0800, isw wrote:

Sorry for the intrusion, but this may interest some of the denizens of
rec.audio:

I've just put on eBay a CBS Laboratories STR 130 RIAA Test Record.

It can be accessed as Item # 280316380901.

Because of the special nature of the item, I've given it a ten-day
listing.

This may be your last chance to get such a disc; if you need it, good
luck.

Isaac

There are plenty of vinyl newsgroups out there - post to some of those
too.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Sergey Kubushin Sergey Kubushin is offline

In rec.audio.tubes Don Pearce wrote:
On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:44:09 -0800, isw wrote:

Sorry for the intrusion, but this may interest some of the denizens of
rec.audio:

I've just put on eBay a CBS Laboratories STR 130 RIAA Test Record.

It can be accessed as Item # 280316380901.

Because of the special nature of the item, I've given it a ten-day
listing.

This may be your last chance to get such a disc; if you need it, good
luck.

Isaac

There are plenty of vinyl newsgroups out there - post to some of those
too.

Eh, I've already put a bid

---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA Miracles require 24-hour notice. *
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote:

Sorry for the intrusion, but this may interest some of
the denizens of rec.audio:

I've just put on eBay a CBS Laboratories STR 130 RIAA
Test Record.

It can be accessed as Item # 280316380901.

Because of the special nature of the item, I've given
it a ten-day listing.

This may be your last chance to get such a disc; if you
need it, good luck.

Isaac

There are plenty of vinyl newsgroups out there - post to
some of those too.

Eh, I've already put a bid

If its a good deal, go for it. Test records are not terribly uncommon on
eBay. I obtained about a half dozen during a few weeks of watching, none for
more than about $10.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

Sorry for the intrusion, but this may interest some of
the denizens of rec.audio:

I've just put on eBay a CBS Laboratories STR 130 RIAA
Test Record.

It can be accessed as Item # 280316380901.

Because of the special nature of the item, I've given
it a ten-day listing.

This may be your last chance to get such a disc; if you
need it, good luck.

Isaac

There are plenty of vinyl newsgroups out there - post to
some of those too.

Eh, I've already put a bid

If its a good deal, go for it. Test records are not terribly uncommon on
eBay. I obtained about a half dozen during a few weeks of watching, none for
more than about $10.

I also have several different test records but none of them addresses
testing frequency response for RIAA compliance. They are quite useful for
other testing aspects though.

---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA Miracles require 24-hour notice. *

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

[...]

Many of the better oldies from "the days of" , like the CBS STR series, are
still very good by modern standards.

Most people seem to have bought test records and then never used them, as
most of the ones I got from eBay were pristene.

In contrast, a modern test record like the HFN LP run about $50 or more.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

If its a good deal, go for it. Test records are not terribly uncommon on
eBay. I obtained about a half dozen during a few weeks of watching, none for
more than about $10.

Were any of them any good? It only takes one play with a Pickering to wreck
the square wave tracks.
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

If its a good deal, go for it. Test records are not
terribly uncommon on eBay. I obtained about a half dozen
during a few weeks of watching, none for more than about
$10.

Were any of them any good? It only takes one play with a
Pickering to wreck the square wave tracks.

Many seemed to be absolute virgins.