Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phillip

Default midi drum programs

Are there any programs that would allow me to use my own drum sounds, but
the program has a library of midi based drum beats based on different styles
of music? I really don't like the interface of Sonar's Session Drummer. I
find it to be a pain.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank

Hi,
What about Sonar's Groove Clips feature? That way you can use any Midi
Groove Clips with whatever sounds you want. Checkout the Smart Loops Midi
Groove Clips and their Sample Sets in SFZ and Soundfont formats...

http://www.smartloops.com/products/mididrumloops/

http://www.smartloops.com/products/samplesets/

"Phillip" wrote in message
. com...
Are there any programs that would allow me to use my own drum sounds, but
the program has a library of midi based drum beats based on different
styles
of music? I really don't like the interface of Sonar's Session Drummer.
find it to be a pain.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ricky Hunt

"Phillip" wrote in message
. com...
Are there any programs that would allow me to use my own drum sounds, but
the program has a library of midi based drum beats based on different
styles
of music? I really don't like the interface of Sonar's Session Drummer.
find it to be a pain.

What about the other composing tools in Sonar? Use Loop View to drag and
drop your MIDI clips (if you have clips you already like). Band In A Box
(http://www.band-in-a-box.com/) might do what you want.