DaveDrummer

Default The bands new tune

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/Plat...202%20Reel.mp3

Its called 'Break The Rock'

We are all 15 year olds, just playing some rock n roll for good times. I am the drummer and also recorded this. I also spiced it up with a lead guitar outtro if you really must know. We won battle of the bands with this song...you will probably hear our heavy zeppelin influence

Dave
Don Cooper

I hear more Shaggs than Zep.

Don
Paul

Don Cooper wrote in message ...
I hear more Shaggs than Zep.

Don

Thats not bad for 15 years old.

I like the drums but get that guitar player a metronome for his
birthday. He'll thank you later.

Paul
Roger W. Norman

If this relates back to the B77 tape saturation conversation, you have
handed me my argument, although I'm not really trying to argue with you.

I will say this. Keep stepping up to the plate, but rather than concentrate
on digital to analog to digital conversions and such, start concentrating on
the playing aspect, because there's still tons here that needs to be
explored.

And don't take anything I say in a bad way because I most certainly do not
mean it that way. Just an old fogey who remembers once playing
"Satisfaction" on a 4th of July float with a battery driven PA system using
a megaphone as a speaker. So what I'm telling you is that you have a ways
to go but you should also realize that I like your hutzpa for your continued
efforts in the recordings. But practice of the music should be your
paramount concern right now so that your recordings can sound good on the
merits of the music, not the merits of the recordings. Good recordings
mostly come from good musicians who have spent a lifetime learning their
instruments and then learning how to bring a number of instruments together
in a manner that shows a cohesivity of musical ideas. So by all means keep
working at it. At 15 you should be empowered with the love of music and the
amazement at the possibilities of the complexities of the guitar and drums
and how it all relates. And you should continue to explore it. You also
shouldn't take what I'm saying as something that says "stop recording"
because that wouldn't be the idea I'm trying to get across. Both are
avenues to musical fulfillment, but creating songs worth recording is much
harder to do and takes more work.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"DaveDrummer" wrote in message
http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/Plat...202%20Reel.mp3

Its called 'Break The Rock'

We are all 15 year olds, just playing some rock n roll for good times. I am
the drummer and also recorded this. I also spiced it up with a lead guitar
outtro if you really must know. We won battle of the bands with this
song...you will probably hear our heavy zeppelin influence

Dave

DaveDrummer

well obviously thats true. Rhythm guitar timing needs some work, but a
simple fix.

Dave
news

On 2004-06-10 said:
You also shouldn't take what I'm saying as
something that says "stop recording" because that wouldn't be the
idea I'm trying to get across. Both are avenues to musical
fulfillment, but creating songs worth recording is much harder to
do and takes more work. --

tHis is why I tell folks whom I plan to record that the real work
should be on the front end before they come into the studio.

I've had two projects over the years that I tried like crazy to get
the artists to give me permission to submit a cut to the r.a.p
compilations, neither would say yes. both were minimalist drum micing
set ups, and both I felt I could have done a better quality job with
either better mics or slightly differnt placement. YEt both are
magical in the final product because the performers made the magic
happen. I just hit the buttons and placed the mics.

Btw in the first case I would have submitted my mix pre mastering.
THe lead guitar guy insisted on his shot at mixing it down and the
vocals were too low, then they normalized and processed the crap out
of it in mastering.

IF you want magic to truly happen with your recordings get the talent
in front of the microphone to create it. Your job is capturing it,
but it isn't going to be there no matter how well you do your job
recording if it isn't coming from the fingers/mouths/other noises that
the performers emit.

Richard Webb
Electric Spider Productions
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

Steven Sena

I have shoes older than you...

--
Steven Sena
XS Sound Recording

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:36:19 GMT

On 2004-06-10
said:
[...]

2004 Eurovision winning tune sounds....'familiar' Andybaby Pro Audio 35 May 26th 04 10:51 AM
2004 Eurovision winning tune sounds....'familiar' Andybaby Pro Audio 0 May 22nd 04 09:27 PM
Basement bands... RB Pro Audio 3 December 10th 03 03:17 AM
How to tune a power amp? Lim Saw Hoon Car Audio 1 August 18th 03 02:09 PM
"mastering" demos for poor bands w/masterlink matt t. Pro Audio 5 August 11th 03 04:59 PM