Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

Default shotgun mics vs. hypercardioids

genericaudioperson wrote:
[snip]

I'll have to take Mr. Dorsey's advice and rent a good shotgun when I
have some time. I think I've learned about as much as I can about
these things in abstraction. I'll have to see what this "horrible off-
axis" response stuff is all about. I don't get that at all.

Take a close look at the polar response of a shotgun mic. It should help
you "get it".

EV 643 ~
http://archives.telex.com/archives/E.../643%20EDS.pdf

EV DL42 ~