Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Sylvan Morein, DDS

Default IEEE article "I don't really have a replacement career,"Morein said. "It's a very gnawing thing."

In article , "Steve King"
wrote:

At this point, I believe that soundhaspriority has only one priority: to
keep this thread going, to keep some attention on himself.

Well, that's very obvious, Steve. " is in
fact my sick son Robert Morein, who's now got a new stalking name as he's
ruined his and MY good name with his antics.

He's now decided he's an expert for the IEEE, and is already embarrassing
local IEEE members who have banned him from their meetings.

My son Bob was told to stop embarrassing me, other dentists question me
constantly about the mental illness afflicting Bob and most urge me to get
him out of my house so that I can live my last days in peace.

Unfortunately, Bob can NEVER admit he's been beaten, or he's wrong. He
spent 12 years in college trying to write a thesis that was totally without
any scientific merit. Drexel University ejected him from any further studies
and spending of MY mone. When Drexel got tired of his bleating about not
giving him a degree, he sued them. And even after he was proven IN COURT to
have been wrong, he insisted on appealing to the Supreme Court in
Washington. And then he criticized THE SUPREME COURT and HIS OWN LAWYER for
"erroneous legal reasoning"!

He then wanted ME to fund a lawsuit against his LAWYER!

So you're not going to change him, god knows his mother tried and it killed
her.

Dr. Sylvan Morein, DDS

PROVEN PUBLISHED FACTS about my Son, Robert Morein
--

Bob Morein History
--

Doctoral student takes intellectual property case to Supreme Court
By L. STUART DITZEN

PHILADELPHIA -Even the professors who dismissed him from a doctoral program
at Drexel University agreed that Robert Morein was uncommonly smart.

They apparently didn't realize that he was uncommonly stubborn too - so much
so that he would mount a court fight all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court
to challenge his dismissal.

The Supremes have already rejected this appeal, btw.

"It's a personality trait I have - I'm a tenacious guy," said Morein, a
pleasantly eccentric man regarded by friends as an inventive genius. "And we
do come to a larger issue here."

An "inventive genius" that has never invented anything. And hardly
"pleasantly" eccentric.

A five-year legal battle between this unusual ex-student and one of
Philadelphia's premier educational institutions has gone largely unnoticed
by the media and the public.

Because no one gives a **** about a 50 year old loser.

But it has been the subject of much attention in academia.

Drexel says it dismissed Morein in 1995 because he failed, after eight
years, to complete a thesis required for a doctorate in electrical and
computer engineering.

Not to mention the 12 years it took him to get thru high school!
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Morein, 50, of Dresher, Pa., contends that he was dismissed only after his
thesis adviser "appropriated" an innovative idea Morein had developed in a
rarefied area of thought called "estimation theory" and arranged to have it
patented.

A contention rejected by three courts. From a 50 YEAR OLD that has
done NOTHING PRODUCTIVE with his life.

In February 2000, Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Esther R. Sylvester
ruled that Morein's adviser indeed had taken his idea.

An idea that was worth nothing, because it didn't work. Just like
Robert Morein, who has never worked a day in his life.

Sylvester held that Morein had been unjustly dismissed and she ordered
Drexel to reinstate him or refund his tuition.

Funnily enough, Drexel AGREED to reinstate Morein, who rejected the
offer because he knew he was and IS a failed loser. Spending daddy's
money to cover up his lack of productivity.

That brought roars of protest from the lions of academia. There is a long
tradition in America of noninterference by the courts in academic decisions.

Backed by every major university in Pennsylvania and organizations
representing thousands of others around the country, Drexel appealed to the
state Superior Court.

The appellate court, by a 2-1 vote, reversed Sylvester in June 2001 and
restored the status quo. Morein was, once again, out at Drexel. And the
time-honored axiom that courts ought to keep their noses out of academic
affairs was reasserted.

The state Supreme Court declined to review the case and, in an ordinary
litigation, that would have been the end of it.

But Morein, in a quixotic gesture that goes steeply against the odds, has
asked the highest court in the land to give him a hearing.

Daddy throws more money down the crapper.

His attorney, Faye Riva Cohen, said the Supreme Court appeal is important
even if it fails because it raises the issue of whether a university has a
right to lay claim to a student's ideas - or intellectual property - without
compensation.

"Any time you are in a Ph.D. program, you are a serf, you are a slave," said
Cohen. Morein "is concerned not only for himself. He feels that what
happened to him is pretty common."

It's called HIGHER EDUCATION, honey. The students aren't in charge,
the UNIVERSITY and PROFESSORS are.

Drexel's attorney, Neil J. Hamburg, called Morein's appeal - and his claim
that his idea was stolen - "preposterous."

"I will eat my shoe if the Supreme Court hears this case," declared Hamburg.
"We're not even going to file a response. He is a brilliant guy, but his
intelligence should be used for the advancement of society rather than
pursuing self-destructive litigation."

No **** sherlock.

The litigation began in 1997, when Morein sued Drexel claiming that a
committee of professors had dumped him after he accused his faculty adviser,
Paul Kalata, of appropriating his idea.

His concept was considered to have potential value for businesses in
minutely measuring the internal functions of machines, industrial processes
and electronic systems.

The field of "estimation theory" is one in which scientists attempt to
calculate what they cannot plainly observe, such as the inside workings of a
nuclear plant or a computer.

My estimation theory? There is NO brain at work inside the head of
Robert Morein, only sawdust.

Prior to Morein's dismissal, Drexel looked into his complaint against Kalata
and concluded that the associate professor had done nothing wrong. Kalata,
through a university lawyer, declined to comment.

At a nonjury trial before Sylvester in 1999, Morein testified that Kalata in
1990 had posed a technical problem for him to study for his thesis. It
related to estimation theory.

Kalata, who did not appear at the trial, said in a 1998 deposition that a
Cherry Hill company for which he was a paid consultant, K-Tron
International, had asked him to develop an alternate estimation method for
it. The company manufactures bulk material feeders and conveyors used in
industrial processes.

Morein testified that, after much study, he experienced "a flash of
inspiration" and came up with a novel mathematical concept to address the
problem Kalata had presented.

Without his knowledge, Morein said, Kalata shared the idea with K-Tron.

K-Tron then applied for a patent, listing Kalata and Morein as co-inventors.

Morein said he agreed "under duress" to the arrangement, but felt "locked
into a highly disadvantageous situation." As a result, he testified, he
became alienated from Kalata.

As events unfolded, Kalata signed over his interest in the patent to K-Tron.
The company never capitalized on the technology and eventually allowed the
patent to lapse. No one made any money from it.

Because it was bogus. Even Kalata was mortified that he was a victim
of this SCAMSTER, Robert Morein.

In 1991, Morein went to the head of Drexel's electrical engineering
department, accused Kalata of appropriating his intellectual property, and
asked for a new faculty adviser.

The staff at Drexel laughed wildly at the ignorance of Robert Morein.

He didn't get one. Instead, a committee of four professors, including
Kalata, was formed to oversee Morein's thesis work.

Four years later, the committee dismissed him, saying he had failed to
complete his thesis.

So Morein ****s up his first couple years, gets new faculty advisers
(a TEAM), and then ****s up again! Brilliant!

Morein claimed that the committee intentionally had undermined him.

Morein makes LOTS of claims that are nonsense. One look thru the
usenet proves it.

Judge Sylvester agreed. In her ruling, Sylvester wrote: "It is this court's
opinion that the defendants were motivated by bad faith and ill will."

So much for political machine judges.

The U.S. Supreme Court receives 7,000 appeals a year and agrees to hear only
about 100 of them.

Hamburg, Drexel's attorney, is betting the high court will reject Morein's
appeal out of hand because its focal point - concerning a student's right to
intellectual property - was not central to the litigation in the
Pennsylvania courts.

Morein said he understands it's a long shot, but he feels he must pursue it.

Failure. Look it up in Websters. You'll see a picture of Robert
Morein. The poster boy for SCAMMING LOSERS.

"I had to seek closure," he said.

Without a doctorate, he said, he has been unable to pursue a career he had
hoped would lead him into research on artificial intelligence.

Who better to tell us about "artificial intelligence".
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As it is, Morein lives at home with his father and makes a modest income
from stock investments. He has written a film script that he is trying to
make into a movie. And in the basement of his father's home he is working on
an invention, an industrial pump so powerful it could cut steel with a
bulletlike stream of water.

FAILED STUDENT
FAILED MOVIE MAKER
FAILED SCREENWRITER
FAILED INVESTOR
FAILED DRIVER
FAILED SON
FAILED PARENTS
FAILED INVENTOR
FAILED PLAINTIFF
FAILED HOMOSEXUAL
FAILED HUMAN
FAILED
FAILED

But none of it is what he had imagined for himself.

"I don't really have a replacement career," Morein said. "It's a very
gnawing thing."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Richard Crowley

"Sylvan Morein, DDS" wrote ...
Well, that's very obvious, Steve. "
is in
fact my sick son Robert Morein, who's now got a new stalking name as
he's
ruined his and MY good name with his antics.

No matter how many times you plonk these sick wackos,
they keep coming back with new aliases. At this point I
don't care if this personage is the guy suffering from some
mental illness in Oz, or if there really is such a person as
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" he comes off as equally sick.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Sylvan Morein, DDS

In article , "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

No matter how many times you plonk these sick wackos,
they keep coming back with new aliases, if there really is such a person as
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" he comes off as equally sick.

How dare you! I'm one of the very few who use my real name when discussing
my sick son Bob!

http://www.iaortho.org/schedule%20of%20CE%20courses.htm

And there's a picture of me he

http://www.iaortho.org/2004_photos.htm

I'm the poorly dressed old guy called "mentor and techer" standing with my
colleagues. Too bad I couldn't mentor or teach my own flesh and blood.

Unfortunately, Bob can NEVER admit he's been beaten, or he's wrong. He
spent 12 years in college trying to write a thesis that was totally without
any scientific merit. Drexel University ejected him from any further studies
and spending of MY mone. When Drexel got tired of his bleating about not
giving him a degree, he sued them. And even after he was proven IN COURT to
have been wrong, he insisted on appealing to the Supreme Court in
Washington. And then he criticized THE SUPREME COURT and HIS OWN LAWYER for
"erroneous legal reasoning"!

He then wanted ME to fund a lawsuit against his LAWYER!

So you're not going to change him, god knows his mother tried and it killed
her.

Dr. Sylvan Morein, DDS

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
soundhaspriority

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" wrote ...
Well, that's very obvious, Steve. " is
in
fact my sick son Robert Morein, who's now got a new stalking name as he's
ruined his and MY good name with his antics.

No matter how many times you plonk these sick wackos,
they keep coming back with new aliases. At this point I
don't care if this personage is the guy suffering from some
mental illness in Oz, or if there really is such a person as
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" he comes off as equally sick.

It's Brian L. McCarty. He's been doing this forever. My father has never
been on usenet.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Pooh Bear

soundhaspriority wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" wrote ...
Well, that's very obvious, Steve. " is
in
fact my sick son Robert Morein, who's now got a new stalking name as he's
ruined his and MY good name with his antics.

No matter how many times you plonk these sick wackos,
they keep coming back with new aliases. At this point I
don't care if this personage is the guy suffering from some
mental illness in Oz, or if there really is such a person as
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" he comes off as equally sick.

It's Brian L. McCarty. He's been doing this forever. My father has never
been on usenet.

The story about Bob Morein's University experience is correct though.

" A recent Pennsylvania case has reaffirmed the right of colleges and
universities to make academic decisions without fear of reprisal by the courts.

In Morein v. Drexel University, et al., doctoral student Robert Morein
challenged the right of Drexel University to dismiss him on academic grounds.
Judge Esther R. Sylvester of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas initially
ordered Drexel to refund Morein's tuition. The Pennsylvania Superior Court,
however, reversed that decision, reaffirming the longstanding principle that
faculty-not courts-should make academic decisions.

Morein enrolled in Drexel's electrical engineering Ph.D. program in 1986. After
eight years, the university dismissed him for failing to make satisfactory
progress toward his dissertation. Morein filed a lawsuit against Drexel and five
faculty members, including the university's president, claiming breach of
contract, negligence, and denial of due process. A panel of three attorney
arbitrators initially found in favor of the university. Morein appealed and
Judge Sylvester retried the case. The trial court ruled in favor of Morein,
holding that the university had not fulfilled its contractual responsibility to
educate him properly.

The court entered a final judgment in favor of Morein for $44,914 in back
tuition and ordered Drexel to remove all failing grades from his transcript. The
university appealed to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, which reversed the
ruling in a 2-1 decision.

At issue before the Superior Court was whether the trial court erred by
substituting its own judgment for the academic judgment of Drexel's faculty
members. The American Council on Education, the Association of Independent
Colleges & Universities of Pennsylvania, and numerous colleges and universities
in the commonwealth filed an amicus brief on Drexel's behalf.

In reversing Judge Sylvester, the Pennsylvania Superior Court reiterated the
well-established U.S. Supreme Court and Pennsylvania precedent that holds that
courts must show deference to academic institutions, their faculty, and their
academic decisions. While the Superior Court acknowledged that a student can
bring an action against a university for breach of contract, it rejected the
trial court's attempt to second-- guess the university's academic decision
making under the guise of claiming that the university had breached its contract
to educate a student properly. The Superior Court held that Judge Sylvester's
wholesale disregard of the qualifications and judgments of Drexel's faculty was
improper and without any basis in fact or record. The Superior Court also found
that the faculty had repeatedly reminded Morein of his academic deficiencies and
that he had refused to correct them.

This case reaffirms the right of a private university to dismiss a student on
academic grounds and highlights the inappropriateness of courts that attempt to
substitute their judgments for the academic decisions of a university and its
faculty. "

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...10/ai_n8971754

As for Bob's appeal to the Supreme Court.....

http://www.aopc.org/OpPosting/Suprem...-17eal2001.pdf

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
soundhaspriority

Default The Drexel Case

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

soundhaspriority wrote:

[...]

Yes, it is correct. The case was reversed because the Superior Court found
that educational malpractice was not a cause for suit in Pennsylvania. It
did not establish that there was no educational malpractice. The U.S.
Supreme Court hears only 1.5% of the 7000 cases brought before it annunally.
Therefore, there was no U.S. Supreme Court Decision.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger

"Pooh Bear" wrote
in message
soundhaspriority wrote:

[...]

From the "truth is stranger is fiction" department -

Last time I reminded Robert Morein about these true relevant facts, he wrote
a letter to the pastor of my church about what a bad person I was.

In Robert Morein land - it's un-Christian to tell the truth.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Chevdo

In article , says...

if there really is such a person as
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" he comes off as equally sick.

But at least he doesn't come off stupid, like you always do.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Pooh Bear

soundhaspriority wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

soundhaspriority wrote:

[...]

Could you perhaps elaborate on why you hadn't completed your thesis after 8 yrs
of study ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Jon Yaeger

Could you perhaps elaborate on why you hadn't completed your thesis after 8
yrs
of study ?

Graham

Graham,

The answer should be obvious to anyone who peruses rec.audio.marketplace.

Jon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
George M. Middius

Default Idiots rally! Film suppressed!

Chevdoborg stuttered:

But at least he doesn't come off stupid, like you always do.

Droll to hear somebody who adores Arnii Krooborg calling somebody --
anybody -- "stupid".

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Agent 86

Chevdo wrote:

In article ,
says...

if there really is such a person as
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" he comes off as equally sick.

But at least he doesn't come off stupid, like you always do.

Is school out already? It's only April!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Dr. Dolittle

George M. Middius wrote:

A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

Hahahaha

l.o.l.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Chevdo

In article ,
says...

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" wrote ...
Well, that's very obvious, Steve. " is
in
fact my sick son Robert Morein, who's now got a new stalking name as he's
ruined his and MY good name with his antics.

No matter how many times you plonk these sick wackos,
they keep coming back with new aliases. At this point I
don't care if this personage is the guy suffering from some
mental illness in Oz, or if there really is such a person as
"Sylvan Morein, DDS" he comes off as equally sick.

It's Brian L. McCarty. He's been doing this forever. My father has never
been on usenet.

In my experience, the superior collect many inferior detractor during their
travels. While being dogged by such pathetic losers is a good indication
of superiorty, it's unfortunate that these inferior losers can inflict so much
abuse on their superiors via the internet. Sure would be nice if something
could be done about it. I don't have a problem with the communally
re-inforcing dweebs on this group who inevitably malign the superior as
aberrations. It's the occasional inferior loser that comes in contact with a
superior person via the internet (in real life, they wouldn't be as likely to
run into each other in social situations), and proceed to make it their quest
in life to slander and abuse the superior object of their scorn. If they wind
up finding out the superior person's real name, they do serious damage to that
person's employment opportunities. All employers should Google new applicants,
and when they Google me, and see all the obscene slander attatched to my
name, they'll inevitably move on to a less controversial applicant.. So far, I
haven't been able to think of a solution to this problem.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Agent 86

Chevdo wrote:

So far, I haven't been able to think of a solution to this
problem.

That's easy, stop acting like such a **** head. End of problem.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
George M. Middius

Bob Cain said:

How dare you! I'm one of the very few who use my real name when discussing
my sick son Bob!

Nonetheless, to go about stalking your son, if there is any truth to your
being his father, when he is not even referring to you is pretty damned
sick. Think about it.

Bwian's conscience was surgically removed.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
soundhaspriority

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

soundhaspriority wrote:

"
[...]

Graham, I don't want to go into it here. However, the professor had one Ph.D
student who started with him before me and still wasn't finished when I
left. Eventually, he got out, but it was very painful.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Bret Ludwig

Chevdo wrote:

snip

If they wind
up finding out the superior person's real name, they do serious damage to that
person's employment opportunities. All employers should Google new applicants,
and when they Google me, and see all the obscene slander attatched to my
name, they'll inevitably move on to a less controversial applicant.. So far, I
haven't been able to think of a solution to this problem.

Change your name to Jim Smith, or something similar.

Smart con men choose a name that is one of the 50 most common surnames
of British Isles extraction, _excepting_ Smith or Jones, because much
of the population has one of those. Smith stands out as possibly bogus,
but Davis, Thompson, Stewart, etc. etc. doesn't.

Exceptions exist. Polish names are common in Wisconsin, Italian and
Jewish names in New Jersey, Swedish names in Minnesota.

"Doe" is actually a very uncommon surname.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Chevdo

In article .com,
says...

Chevdo wrote:

snip

If they wind
up finding out the superior person's real name, they do serious damage to

that
person's employment opportunities. All employers should Google new

applicants,
and when they Google me, and see all the obscene slander attatched to my
name, they'll inevitably move on to a less controversial applicant.. So far,

haven't been able to think of a solution to this problem.

Change your name to Jim Smith, or something similar.

Yes, a name change is the one solution I have considered, and that would solve
the problem of potential employers Googling my applications. The only problem
is, it's expensive, and if in the future I decide to do something like run for
public office, I'd have to face the "Why did you change your name?" question
and inevitable "he must have something to hide" assumptions. But it may be the
only thing I can do to mitigate the damage...

Another thing I've noticed about abusive netkooks and cyberstalkers is that
they always use 3rd party news-providers. This is because it's very easy to
get someone in trouble with their ISP by issuing a complaint, but it is
difficult to get one of these news providers like supernews or newshosting.com
to respond to abuse complaints because they may lose a customer by reprimanding
him since he can easily switch to another news provider, whereas there are very
few choices in most locales for broadband ISP service.

Smart con men choose a name

Indeed, if I change my name to avoid slanderous abusive online, people may
assume I'm a 'smart con man', rather than a stupid victim...