Mike

Default MP3 upgrade

I have an '03 Caddy w/ BOSE audio system and 6 CD system. Wonderful
stuff, but I miss my MP3s. Is it possible to get an EPROM added that
would decode mp3? The MP3 CD seems to play, as the timer counts off, and
no erros are shown. Just no sound.

Have I spent too much time in the sun?

thanks

Mike
MZ

I have an '03 Caddy w/ BOSE audio system and 6 CD system. Wonderful
stuff, but I miss my MP3s. Is it possible to get an EPROM added that
would decode mp3? The MP3 CD seems to play, as the timer counts off, and
no erros are shown. Just no sound.

Have I spent too much time in the sun?

Even if it's possible, it would be way more trouble than it's worth. You
may want to look into adding an auxiliary input to the cd changer interface
and using an external mp3 player - perhaps something along the lines of an
ipod or portable flash memory player. The problem with this, however, is
that many of the aux input interfaces render the cd changer useless - but
not all of them do.