Carol Whearty

Default Need replacement Infiniti for '89 Voyager

I have a 1989 Chrysler Voyager minivan and the radio has just given
out. My husband took it to a local car radio shop and they said it
was "toast".
It turns on, tunes in, but it sounds like jibberish. The repair
people said it would cost $800 to get a new Infiniti radio. The whole
car probably isn't worth $800 but I loved that radio and I love the
car.

How do I get a replacement radio just like it? Do I go to a junk
yard?

Carol
Bruce Chang

"Carol Whearty" wrote in message
m...
I have a 1989 Chrysler Voyager minivan and the radio has just given
out. My husband took it to a local car radio shop and they said it
was "toast".
It turns on, tunes in, but it sounds like jibberish. The repair
people said it would cost $800 to get a new Infiniti radio. The whole
car probably isn't worth $800 but I loved that radio and I love the
car.

How do I get a replacement radio just like it? Do I go to a junk
yard?

Carol

There are three radios on ebay for auction.. You might look there.. I had
to look up "voyager radio". The junkyard would be another place to look if
you definitely want the same radio.
I'd suggest that you look into purchasing an aftermarket radio. What about
the radio did you like? What would you like in addition to what you had?
You'll get a higher quality radio, probably more reliable with better
features. If you're going to buy a radio of that vintage, there is no
guarantee that it won't become toast like the one you currently own and
spending $800 for a new radio from the dealer is ridiculous.

Good luck,
-Bruce

FasDeth

"Carol Whearty"

I have a 1989 Chrysler Voyager minivan and the radio has just given
out.

How do I get a replacement radio just like it? Do I go to a junk
yard?

Carol

I have a 96-ish one out back that a tree fell on.. It still has the factory
deck.. I'm not sure if it will match your harness but I'll send it if you
pay the shipping. But a local junkyard would prob be quicker. Let me know
if I can help..

FD

MauriceV

On 7 Oct 2004 16:29:44 -0700, (Carol Whearty) wrote:

I have a 1989 Chrysler Voyager minivan and the radio has just given
out. My husband took it to a local car radio shop and they said it
was "toast".
It turns on, tunes in, but it sounds like jibberish. The repair
people said it would cost $800 to get a new Infiniti radio. The whole
car probably isn't worth $800 but I loved that radio and I love the
car.

How do I get a replacement radio just like it? Do I go to a junk
yard?

Just a thought: I too drive a Chrysler (300M) and the supposed premium
audio system in it (Infinity) added $2,000 to the sticker price when I
purchased it. One could replace every single component of that $2,000
system with top-quality, reliable, warranteed equipment (from
manufacturers such as Infinity) for less than $600 and have something
that sounds and performs 1000% better than the factory-installed
system. In fact, I am about to replace every single part of the
original system in my vehicle with equipment that is light years
beyond the original equipment in both quality and performance, and its
going to cost me less than $2,000. The old system allegedly put out
240W (peak power). Now most everyone knows by now that peak power is
pretty much a meaningless statistic, but just for comparison, the new
equipment will produce about 2,800W peak - and sound much better even
at comparable volume levels.

What I'm trying to tell you is not to waste your money at the Chrysler
dealership. Take a look at the head units at crutchfield.com (or
etronics.com or thezeb.com or... or...) and get yourself an upgrade.
I'm getting the top-of-the-range Pioneer DEH-P9600MP. See the page
below and tell me how its features compare to the head unit you have
now (even when it was working, that is).

http://tinyurl.com/432af

Also take a look at this one:

http://tinyurl.com/5eonw

The DEH-P9600MP is nicely priced at etronics.com:

http://tinyurl.com/6jjf7

Good hunting!

Sontec replacement amp modules Primaudio Pro Audio 8 August 5th 05 07:49 PM
Need replacement motor.... Deke Tech 3 August 2nd 04 09:23 PM
Fostex RD8 ADAT recorder: replacement LCD display needed Sylvain Robitaille Pro Audio 2 October 21st 03 07:24 PM
Received replacement sub, BROKE TOO!!? Brian Car Audio 0 August 16th 03 06:21 AM
Replacement tranny? Brad Blackwood Pro Audio 1 August 5th 03 06:07 PM