Tyrone Powertohn

Default Head unit with spectrum analyzer exist?

I just bought a headunit - Sony F7705X - it has a monochrome display that
does animations like most brands have nowadays but I chose it because it
does visualizations like Winamp - specifically a few spectrum analyzer
displays which I thought were fantastic in the store - When I ordered it
off the net and got it home and installed however I was annoyed to find
that the chip that does the animations is apparently too slow - the display
is about a second or half second behind the beat so it's like watching the
spectrum of some other song. Does anyone know any other brand mp3 headunit
that has that feature - music triggered display of any sort? Not just
movies and pictures?

I gotta have my flashing lights!
MZ

I just bought a headunit - Sony F7705X - it has a monochrome display that
does animations like most brands have nowadays but I chose it because it
does visualizations like Winamp - specifically a few spectrum analyzer
displays which I thought were fantastic in the store - When I ordered it
off the net and got it home and installed however I was annoyed to find
that the chip that does the animations is apparently too slow - the

display
is about a second or half second behind the beat so it's like watching the
spectrum of some other song. Does anyone know any other brand mp3 headunit
that has that feature - music triggered display of any sort? Not just
movies and pictures?

I gotta have my flashing lights!

Have you considered installing a computer and actually USING winamp?

Tyrone Powertohn

You just blew my mind! Do people do that short of just keeping a laptop in
the car and more than just a remote controlled PC with a rudimentry
display? (That's all I've found on a quick google search of the web)

"MZ" wrote in
:

I gotta have my flashing lights!

Have you considered installing a computer and actually USING winamp?

MZ

Yeah. I installed one. I don't use a head unit now. Altogether, the PC
cost me about $200. I put more money into it to make the audio flawless.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Tyrone Powertohn" wrote in message
4...
You just blew my mind! Do people do that short of just keeping a laptop in
the car and more than just a remote controlled PC with a rudimentry
display? (That's all I've found on a quick google search of the web)

"MZ" wrote in
:

I gotta have my flashing lights!

Have you considered installing a computer and actually USING winamp?

FHLH002

how are you gonna drive when you are doing nothing but gazing at the
display??

Is this mainly for the chicks? I do know that chicks dig dancing lights!

"Tyrone Powertohn" wrote in message

I gotta have my flashing lights!

Tyrone

In high school I had a noname specrum analyzer with eq made from LEDs
instead of the LCD or OLED display of the newer head units and it was alot
of fun to play with, mostly on long night time interstate trips. I wouldn't
want to install some extra device like that now, especially since those
things are usually cheap and add noise to the signal but I was hoping to
have a head unit that did it, especialy since it'd be such a simple to do
with the new animated displays. I can't imagine what Sony was thinking
making this thing so crippled for no reason... the delay makes it useless.

And yes the chicks thought it was cool.

"FHLH002" wrote in news:jjT8d.79$sY3.71
@fe2.texas.rr.com: