GV from Belgium

Default Focal 165K in box: advice

Hello guys,

I'm new here... and have this question:

I want to install th 6K1 6.5" mid/woofer of the Focal 165K-kit in a
box.

I have about 6 litres of space. I can make it ported or sealed. The
focal site hasn't got info for the enclosures.

What is your advice?? The will be driven bij a Helix amp of 2x60 Watt
RMS @ 4 ohms.

Best greetings from Belgium

Gary

--
GV from Belgium
GV from Belgium's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=30848

Richard G. Pecoraro

Play around with the t/s parameters in WinISD. There really isn't much of a
difference between sealed and ported at 6 liters until about 30 hz, and then
it isn't enough of a difference to me. I'd keep them safer from
overexcursion and put them in a sealed box if you're determined to do so.

Rich
"GV from Belgium" wrote in
message news:1096964654.w4Xv2ajKeMyjG4dQCF9Lzw@teranews...