Milkboy33

Default Aftermarket Mobile Electronics and The Car Manufacturers Industry - Compatibility Issues

I'm doing a research paper on the issues with the car stereo industry
and how the car manufacturers are continually pulling themselves away
from a standard and it's making it harder and harder for car
enthusiasts and professionals to install/customize aftermarket mobile
electronics for automobiles of today. I would like to hear any ideas
and/or opinions people have on this.

Thanks,
Milkboy33
"There is no try, there is only do or do not" -Yoda
http://www.hereforgear.com
"Car stereos, subs, amps and more!"

MZ

Actually, I think they're growing more towards a single standard than away
from one. We don't have to worry about all the exotic connections and weird
DIN plugs that manufacturers like Blaupunkt and others used to use
exclusively, each with different pinouts. However, I have begun to see some
proprietary data formats coming back with some of the equipment, but this
usually has to do with stuff that incorporates video and the like.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Milkboy33" wrote in message
om...
I'm doing a research paper on the issues with the car stereo industry
and how the car manufacturers are continually pulling themselves away
from a standard and it's making it harder and harder for car
enthusiasts and professionals to install/customize aftermarket mobile
electronics for automobiles of today. I would like to hear any ideas
and/or opinions people have on this.

Thanks,
Milkboy33
"There is no try, there is only do or do not" -Yoda
http://www.hereforgear.com
"Car stereos, subs, amps and more!"

Tony Fernandes

I personally have noticed what appears to be some pretty funky shaped dashes
and funky shaped OEM head units of late. I'm not an installer, so I'm not
sure how difficult it would be to replace such a unit with an aftermarket
one, but it sure LOOKS difficult.

I myself would honestly NOT buy a car that didn't provide me with enough
space and/or opportunities to add what I wanted to add. It's that important
to me.

Tony

--
Sony CDX C90 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Milkboy33" wrote in message
om...
I'm doing a research paper on the issues with the car stereo industry
and how the car manufacturers are continually pulling themselves away
from a standard and it's making it harder and harder for car
enthusiasts and professionals to install/customize aftermarket mobile
electronics for automobiles of today. I would like to hear any ideas
and/or opinions people have on this.

Thanks,
Milkboy33
"There is no try, there is only do or do not" -Yoda
http://www.hereforgear.com
"Car stereos, subs, amps and more!"

Milkboy33

"CrazySound" wrote in message et...
What standards in particular?

Like how manufacturers aren't taking into consideration the
aftermarket car audio entertainment products. It seems like gone were
the days where some regular Joe can go in, purchase a product and
install it him/herself. It's becoming increasingly difficult to have a
aftermarket car stereo install near perfectly into an aftermarket car.

Milkboy33