brian hayes

Default subwoofer cutting out

i have a phoenix gold 12" sub in a ported enclosure powered by a bridged 75
watt boss amp. i have it connected to the deck with rca cables. my sub only
works some of the time. i tried hooking it up via the speaker level inputs
and still have the same problem. therefore it is safe to say that the rca's
are fine.

i have checked all of the connections. i am getting power to the amp and
grounding is good.

what do u think the problem is here? fried amp? main speaker sound is fine
btw

Tony Fernandes

When the sub quits working you need to check to see if the amp is turning
off or going into protection mode. It may be the amp, but the problem may
be the speaker wires between the amp and the speaker box, or even the
connections on the speaker box, or internally. Does it quit when you hit
bumps, after you've driven the amp hard for a while, randomly, etc?

Tony

--
Sony CDX C90 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"brian hayes" wrote in message
i have a phoenix gold 12" sub in a ported enclosure powered by a bridged 75
watt boss amp. i have it connected to the deck with rca cables. my sub
only
works some of the time. i tried hooking it up via the speaker level inputs
and still have the same problem. therefore it is safe to say that the
rca's
are fine.

i have checked all of the connections. i am getting power to the amp and
grounding is good.

what do u think the problem is here? fried amp? main speaker sound is fine
btw

brian hayes

i have checked all connections. the amp light is on when the sub does not
work. i hooked up the sub wires to my main speakers, but they did not work
either.

kinda seems like an amp problem to me. looked inside case, saw no burnt
spots