Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Tynan Agvišr[_2_] Tynan Agvišr[_2_] is offline

Default Upgrading, but to what???Confusion

Recent windfall has allowed me a small bit of geld for equipment...but I
have no idea which way to go. I have a good "redbook" solution, no vinyl,
nice speakers(though I would like to try something different ), nice
cables, room treatments, etc..my equipment:

Denon 2900 and Creek CD player, squeezebox, oppo 970
Von Schweikert VR-4 SR, QUAD ESLs, Link Audio monitors, B_W 801s
DAC: Mytek Stereo 96, Crane Song HEDD
Cables--Vampire Wire, MIT
Integrated amp-Mastersound reference 845
power amp--FM Acoustics , bryston, hafler
Hydra and PS Audio Quintet power conditioners, GUTWIRE AC cords
vibrapods, room treatments from GIK acoustics and Auralex, various other
accessories(some resulting from the fog of voodoo slinging salesmen, some
actually good purchases)

So...I have about 5500 USD or so for spending. I love my AMPs, cables,
and enjoy my DACs and listening to CDs..What i am curious about is new
speakers, a "decent" SACD-only or universal(with no transcoding of DSD
stream) player , and much less so, Vinyl..What would you do?? Can you
offer me.

suggestions for:

1.)speakers in the 5500.00 price range(full range) (What I am not getting
out of the VR-4 is enough detail, bass extension, and "speed"/transient
response..Quads are the same way, but I use them for mastering and have
gotten used to their sound..I love Euphonic sounding gear and detail...
2.)SACD player in the above price range(the denon doesnt cut it, Oppo
transcodes).id like to hear SACD on a decent player!
3.) Vinyl(??)solution in the above price range..I dont give half a
continental damn about Vinyl, but I put it up there at any rate..

any suggestions would be very, very much appreciated. I have done a lot
of reading, but value your feedback.

=Tynan
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
BEAR BEAR is offline

Tynan Agvišr wrote:
[...]

Get thee a set of tube amps...

Perhaps consider bi-amping the VR-4s with some tubes on top?

Maybe build yourself some tube amps.

Or if ur in the mood, build yourself a big arse no-holds-barred solid state
amp...

If you need ideas for that, try DIYaudio.com it's full of spectacular
circuit ideas.

Email me privately about LP "solutions"... :_)

_-_-bear

http://www.bearlabs.com

confusion with my amp chevy_layin_low via CarKB.com Car Audio 9 November 20th 06 03:43 PM
Crossover Confusion James Car Audio 2 April 19th 06 09:03 AM
6.1 Confusion Emir Audio Opinions 0 November 15th 05 09:14 PM
42mins of confusion Danny Thompson Tech 0 September 5th 04 05:49 PM
Dynaco confusion John Templeton Tech 2 October 15th 03 05:29 PM