Jay Levitt

Default Shame on Sound on Sound

I was just reading my November issue, and noticed this whopper from
technical editor Hugh Robjohns:

"The CD burner creates small bumps in the playing surface of the CD-R
that the CD player can then detect. The spacing between each bump is
critical to being able to detect and decode the data signal. But more
importantly, the rising and falling edge (the beginning and end) of each
bump is also critical, and this is the aspect that is most affected by
different combinations of burn speed, disc media and the state of the
laser."

Oh, SOS...

--
Jay Levitt |