Mondoslug1

Default Shania/Ashlee

Good Morning America "Live" from Nashville anyone?

Give me a T, give me an R, give mean A...............
EggHd

Good Morning America "Live" from Nashville anyone?

How obvious was that? They mimed to the record. No attempt at anything live.

---------------------------------------
Mondoslug1

Good Morning America "Live" from Nashville anyone?

How obvious was that? They mimed to the record. No attempt at anything
live.

Pretty obvious. She looked good though.
EggHd

Pretty obvious. She looked good though.

Yes she did.

---------------------------------------
JWelsh3374

Good Morning America "Live" from Nashville anyone?

How obvious was that? They mimed to the record. No attempt at anything
live.

Pretty obvious. She looked good though.

And, by gawd, that's what is important!

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com

JWelsh3374

Pretty obvious. She looked good though.

And, by gawd, that's what is important!

well....yeah!

LOL. That is the ONLY redeeming quality she has as an "artist".

Maybe we need a new category for anyone the lip syncs live.

How about "Original Cast Recording"? Lol...

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
Pete Dimsman

JWelsh3374 wrote:

LOL. That is the ONLY redeeming quality she has as an "artist".

Maybe we need a new category for anyone the lip syncs live.

How about "Original Cast Recording"? Lol...

We have air guitar. How about air vocalist?

MrMarksMusic

We have air guitar. How about air vocalist?

why not?
doesn't it all fall under the category of air head?
MM

Kevin Kelly

Pretty obvious. She looked good though.

And, by gawd, that's what is important!

Is there a ProTools plug-in for that?

Photoshop is full of 'em

Kevin M. Kelly
"There needs to be a 12-step program for us gearheads"
Nathan West

Mike Rivers wrote:

Pretty obvious. She looked good though.
And, by gawd, that's what is important!

Is there a ProTools plug-in for that?

If you seen any bits of the new Zemeckis movie *Polar Express* you will probably shudder a bit
at that comment. The industry is getting near not having to have anyone around, and can sub
anyone's voice in for any part. Tom Hanks actually plays 5 of the main characters, and one is
a little boy...blew my mind. In fact with the new Vocaloid software I'll bet the voice part
is on it's way out too.

So bascially...enjoy Ashlee while you can.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

JWelsh3374

The industry is getting near not having to have anyone around, and can sub
anyone's voice in for any part. Tom Hanks actually plays 5 of the main
characters, and one is
a little boy...blew my mind. In fact with the new Vocaloid software I'll bet
the voice part
is on it's way out too.

I wish I had one of them thar whatchamacallits right now.

I'm cutting tracks for "Lucky Man Clark 2" and my voice is, um... shot. (There
are those who would argue I could never sing in the first place) These tracks
are heavier than the last disc and I used to be able to do this yelling rock
stuff pretty easy. Bu-ut... This is the worst it has EVER been for me. And
these tunes are relatively EASY to sing! Or used to be... I'll be a-tunin and
fixing these damn things for weeks.

I suck, but am not trying to present myself as a "singer". So.... I absolutely
need the technology. I'm almost 50 and not trying to be a rock star I just
wanna cut some groovy toons and sing 'em myself.

I have a real problem with this stuff on major label offerings.

Acts that use it live don't bother me nearly half as much as the ones that use
it on recordings. One could argue you wanna give a great performance every
night. For the fans. Power to the people! Hooey. But I'd buy that.

It pains me to see posers that could never sing prance around on my TV trying
to pass themselves off as "artists", though.

It also really bugs me when someone that can actually sing lets/ or is coerced
into their label paying some "tuning expert" to tune the track. It sounds like
poop and I'd bet the "artist" had no say innit. Apparently just because they
can.

I know of at least one artist that actually lost their deal over an argument
related to tuned vocals...or the desire to NOT have them tuned. The mixes I
heard completely killed her very groovy, original country voice.

I mean, jeez! Where is the new Aretha? The new McCartney? The new Jagger?

Lemme know when I can "plugin" Steven Tyler or Rod Stewart into my computer.

They'd be perfect for these new tracks!

D'oh!OMG.... an autotune thread has begun!!!!

WOOF!

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
Mondoslug1

I know of at least one artist that actually lost their deal over an argument
related to tuned vocals...or the desire to NOT have them tuned. The mixes I
heard completely killed her very groovy, original country voice.

Rascal Flatts rEwLs!

Carey Carlan

Nathan West wrote in
:

If you seen any bits of the new Zemeckis movie *Polar Express* you
will probably shudder a bit at that comment. The industry is getting
near not having to have anyone around, and can sub anyone's voice in
for any part. Tom Hanks actually plays 5 of the main characters, and
one is a little boy...blew my mind. In fact with the new Vocaloid
software I'll bet the voice part is on it's way out too.

For the record, the voice of the boy was overdubbed by Daryl Sabara.
Nathan West

JWelsh3374 wrote:

I mean, jeez! Where is the new Aretha? The new McCartney? The new Jagger?

Considering how much music has been recorded in the 45 years since those people
arrived on the scene I think you might understand how little talent of that nature
there is. Of course it could be argued that Bono is pretty darn cool. As is Peter
Gabriel. And Josh Stone is ripping it up in a slightly Aretha sort of way. SRV was
pretty cool too, and had a *voice* of sorts.

Honestly I think they are all around us. But to become fully engaged you have to
slip into your Teen years again and get that vibe going to imprint the music like
it did then.
Otherwise you just get to enjoy it now the way our grandparents used to enjoy Bing
and the like when *those new singers* came around.

Lemme know when I can "plugin" Steven Tyler or Rod Stewart into my computer.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Nathan West

Carey Carlan wrote:

For the record, the voice of the boy was overdubbed by Daryl Sabara.

CBS Sunday Morning specifically showed Tom Hanks doing the part in the
segment on *Polar Express*. It included scenes of Hanks being wired up
with sensors for the virtual tracking as the boy. Is that not true?

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

John O

Honestly I think they are all around us. But to become fully engaged you
have to
slip into your Teen years again and get that vibe going to imprint the
music like
it did then.
Otherwise you just get to enjoy it now the way our grandparents used to
enjoy Bing
and the like when *those new singers* came around.

Chester Whatshisname from Linkin Park. (my teenage son buys the CDs) That
boy might be real good some day. I heard somebody compare him to a young
Freddy Mercury, which is a big stretch. But he's good, either way.

-John O

JWelsh3374

Why not just send your tracks to Rod Stewart and ask him to lay down
the vocals for you? g

Naah. The Rod Stewart I was thinking of is apparently deceased.

There's some other guy out there now using the name to sing.... STANDARDS!!!

Gasp!!!!

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
Pete Dimsman

JWelsh3374 wrote:

Naah. The Rod Stewart I was thinking of is apparently deceased.

There's some other guy out there now using the name to sing.... STANDARDS!!!

Gasp!!!!

Yeah, I agree. Pretty pathetic. Of course we all do what we have to in
order to make a living. .

Apparently he must not have saved/invested his money very well.
Nathan West

Pete Dimsman wrote:

Apparently he must not have saved/invested his money very well.

Oh christ...maybe the guy just wants to do something different.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Pete Dimsman

Nathan West wrote:
Pete Dimsman wrote:

Apparently he must not have saved/invested his money very well.

Oh christ...maybe the guy just wants to do something different.

Sure. If he wants to end his career being the schmaltz king, that is his
prerogative.
Nathan West

Pete Dimsman wrote:

Sure. If he wants to end his career being the schmaltz king, that is his

Just because you didn't like the CD's, and RS didn't live up to what your
expectation of his career choices should be, has no bearing on the guys
talent or music choices. And He obviously didn't underestimate his audience
putting them out as Vol. 1 and 2 have sold over 4 million CD's. I'll bet
your career doesn't even begin at the level Rod Stewarts is *ending* (your
words) on.
--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Blind Joni

Sure. If he wants to end his career being the schmaltz king, that is his

Just because you didn't like the CD's, and RS didn't live up to what your
expectation of his career choices should be, has no bearing on the guys
talent or music choices. And He obviously didn't underestimate his audience
putting them out as Vol. 1 and 2 have sold over 4 million CD's. I'll bet
your career doesn't even begin at the level Rod Stewarts is *ending* (your
words) on.

I can hear it now..
Rod's manager: "Rod, do you want to sing the way Pete thinks you should or end
you career being the Schmaltz King. I need answer NOW!!"
Is this how we should picture the situation?

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Carey Carlan

Nathan West wrote in :

Carey Carlan wrote:

For the record, the voice of the boy was overdubbed by Daryl Sabara.

CBS Sunday Morning specifically showed Tom Hanks doing the part in the
segment on *Polar Express*. It included scenes of Hanks being wired up
with sensors for the virtual tracking as the boy. Is that not true?

Absolutely. He performs most of the acting. But the voice is not his.
Nathan West

Carey Carlan wrote:

Absolutely. He performs most of the acting. But the voice is not his.

Ahhh...that makes the scenario even stranger. Nothing will be linked to
anything to produce something.g

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Nathan West

Blind Joni wrote:

I can hear it now..
Rod's manager: "Rod, do you want to sing the way Pete thinks you should or end
you career being the Schmaltz King. I need answer NOW!!"
Is this how we should picture the situation?

Pretty Funny John!

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Lorin David Schultz

"Mike Rivers wrote:

Is there a ProTools plug-in for that?

No, but there's a way for the ugly to compete. You can find a write up
on it at the Harmony Central site:
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2002/Talent.html

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Blind Joni

I can hear it now..
Rod's manager: "Rod, do you want to sing the way Pete thinks you should or

end
you career being the Schmaltz King. I need answer NOW!!"
Is this how we should picture the situation?

Pretty Funny John!

Listen to people talk about "choices" and you get some pretty bizarre
perspectives..which usually sound completely ridiculous when put into words.

"Talk isn't cheap....we cheapen talk."

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
JD Studios

Blind Joni wrote:

I can hear it now..
Rod's manager: "Rod, do you want to sing the way Pete thinks you should or end
you career being the Schmaltz King. I need answer NOW!!"
Is this how we should picture the situation?

Looks like Rod really is a stand up guy!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/11/1....ap/index.html
Rod Stewart ordered to repay $780,000

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Singer Rod Stewart must repay the $780,000 he
accepted as a deposit for a Latin American concert tour that was
canceled, a jury ruled Friday.

The jury also assessed damages of $1.6 million against Stewart's lawyers
and agents at the ICM talent agency for their roles in negotiating a
contract for the tour.

About $780,000 of the advance was paid before Stewart's associates
canceled the tour in mid-January 2002; the money was not returned.
Pollack and two other promoters sued.

meandeanmachine

We know Shania can sing well. Last night on CMT there was an
"unplugged" hour with Alison Krause and Union Station backing her up.
If you saw the biography on CMT from at least five years ago (still
repeating), it has her blowing the top off "Somewhere Over the
Rainbow" by herself at age 22. Most of her songs don't use most of her
range.

Mr. Lang knows what will sell, the auto tune is dialed in to the point
of her voice sounding like a cheesy synthesizer, and she is still
selling millions of CDs.

He does know what will sell, and I must admit she looks damn good.

normanstrong

"meandeanmachine" wrote in message
om...

We know Shania can sing well. Last night on CMT there was an
"unplugged" hour with Alison Krause and Union Station backing her

up.
If you saw the biography on CMT from at least five years ago

(still
repeating), it has her blowing the top off "Somewhere Over the
Rainbow" by herself at age 22. Most of her songs don't use most of

her
range.

Mr. Lang knows what will sell, the auto tune is dialed in to the

point
of her voice sounding like a cheesy synthesizer, and she is still
selling millions of CDs.

He does know what will sell, and I must admit she looks damn good.

Quite true. She looks so good that I'm almost willing to listen to
country music just to see her. Almost!

Norm Strong

Hal Laurent

"normanstrong" wrote in message

Quite true. She looks so good that I'm almost willing to listen to
country music just to see her. Almost!

You don't have to listen to country music for that, as she doesn't
do country music. Same as over half the stuff on so-called
country radio nowadays.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore