rickymix

Default Brent Averill's BAE 312A preamps w/ Avedis?

Hi all,
I need to get another pre for my rack, but apparently Brent
Averill is no longer selling the refurbed API Preamp modules.
Instead he's offering "BAE 312A mic preamps made using the new Avedis
1122™ opamps". Has anyone had any experience with these? Or
compared them to the OSA MP1-C?
Or better yet, does anyone have a real, (I guess they're
"vintage" now :) BAE API pre they'd be willing to sell me? There
are some currently being auctioned on Ebay but they look suspiciously
like the Valley Sound modules, which I would highly recommend avoiding
like the plague, BTW.
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers, Rick Novak.